The gambling thread Page 13

Doh............

I turned the TV over when it was 3 - 0

But it was a free un I suppose, so nothing lost :)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ March 4 2012, 1:32 PM GMT

I am not much of a betting man but I was given a tip on Thursday for Saturday by a friend of the owner of the horse. He and I were told 'get on early for the best price'

It won but more fluke than management - the leading horse fell at the last fence and mine got home to win at 3/1 I think.
But I had 8/1 on thursday so that was a nice win.

A friend of the owner? The owner is always going to hope it wins - especially if the leading horse "fell" at the last fence.

I spoke to the man who gave me the tip today. He asked if I was on it and what price I got and told me that in his and the owner opinion - it would have won either way as the lead horse was dead on it's feet when it fell.
He also said a lot of people won a lot of money on that horse.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ March 5 2012, 5:58 PM GMT

the lead horse was dead.

See - I knew it was a fix. Don't gamble kids.

All this gambling talk has got me thinking about having a flutter. I'm thinking of doing a handicap double, on Barceleona and Real Madrid to both win their home games in the Champions' League by 2 goals or more. You can get Evens for each team to do it, and I'm thinking of putting £20 on. Barca are playing Bayer Leverkusen tonight, and Real are playing CSKA Moscow next week (shame about the wait!). That means I could make £60 profit. What do you think? The Spanish giants love to put on a show when they're at home in the Champions' League. Surely it's like taking candy from a baby, isn't it? *rubs hands together*

Betting on the footy?

Bad idea IMO

Always goes wrong !

I've just placed the bet, along with Man Utd beating West Brom by 2 goals or more on Saturday.

Utd were 2/1 to win by 2 goals, so I'll be making £220 if I win.

West Brom are playing excellent lately

Could be tricky that one

When I used to gamble seriously, I'd never go near odds like that. Back then, I used to wait for sure things to come along, then bet big. The only problem with doing that is you have to have a decent amount of money to start with. There's no point only putting £20 on, because it will take you forever to make serious money.

Half time and Barca are 2-0 up.

6-0 now!!

7-1 it finished.

Quote: catskillz @ March 7 2012, 7:48 PM GMT

I've just placed the bet, along with Man Utd beating West Brom by 2 goals or more on Saturday.

No offence but I really hope you lose your money.

I've just realised that those odds that I mentioned were for Barca, Real and Utd to win their games by 3 goals, not 2, so I won't be making £220 afterall. I'll check the real odds later.