The gambling thread Page 15

Clearly

Lmfao

Quote: catskillz @ March 10 2012, 3:19 PM GMT

I don't want to sound like a little Devil that's appeared on your shoulder here, but have you considered using your winnings to place another bet? Remember, the more money you put on, the less of a risk you have to take, with football at least.

Anything over twenty quid in my online account I transfer out into my bank account. I might put in twenty quid every couple of months, which I think us good value for a hobby, but I know that if I leave it in there it doesn't feel like real money. My betting basically pays for itself, because I don't put massive sums on. Lots of doubles and trebles which might come up, probably won't, but when they do it's nice. I had a £5 treble on Bolton, QPR and Man City to win, so just need Man City to win away at Swansea to get £60 odd back.

They'll lose now.

But basically it's a self-financing hobby, is how I see it. But what you say makes a lot of sense, were I looking to bet bigger sums.... *thinks about all the sure things out there. :)*

Shit!!! I swear on my mother's life, earlier on today I considered putting a fiver on Everton to beat Spurs 1-0, at 7/1, and of course, they went and did it!!!

Quote: catskillz @ March 10 2012, 4:25 PM GMT

If you start a new online account with a bookmakers, they give you a free bet, matching whatever you put on. So if you were to put the £70 on something, you could start a new account and turn it into a £140 bet. Then again, I think they only do it with bets of £50 or less.

Not always as simple as that.

Take BET365, for example. They will give you a free bet based on the amount of your first deposit, up to 200 pounds.

The deposit and bonus must be played in full at odds of over 1.5 three times before the money can be withdrawn.

Other sites (Betfair, for example) sometimes give free bets that can be withdrawn immediately without having to bet at all.

It pays to shop around.

Yeah it does pay to check what odds different bookies are offering. Today for example, I noticed that Ladbrokes' odds seemed to be particularly poor, when compared to those of Coral, Hills and Paddy Power.

That reminds me, years ago, when I was gambling properly, there was a Ladbrokes, a William Hill, a Coral and a Stanley Racing in my area, and, as I didn't have an account back then, I used to check the odds at the weekend, and go to whichever shop was offering the best. Sometimes I'd win and sometimes I'd lose, but the funny thing was, it just so happened that I hardly ever seemed to lose when I put my bets on at Ladbrokes. It seemed like almost every time I went in there I'd win. Eventually, the blokes behind the counter started joking every time I went in, about how I was coming to take all their money from them. Of course, I never told them about me losing money at the other 3 shops.

Are you after an odds comparison site Stylee? These two cover the majority of firms.

http://odds.bestbetting.com/

http://www.oddschecker.com/

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ March 10 2012, 8:48 PM GMT

No.. I was being facetious, in a subliminal undercurrent wave stylee ting ting..

I had a feeling, you seem to be on the ball with your betting. But being the helpful soul that I am...

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ March 10 2012, 8:48 PM GMT

No.. I was being facetious, in a subliminal undercurrent wave stylee ting ting..

By the way, why did you delete your comment about mainstream Rap music the other night?

God knows why you lot are squaring up for some internet felchfest when you should all be piling on Porto AT THIS VERY MINUTE.

1-0 down at halftime and a dead cert to come back and win.

I've re-mortgaged my grandmother's house and put the whole lot on Porto @2.24

That reminds me, Ladbrokes were offering odds of 1/10 on Porto winning that game, compared to Coral's 1/7.

6/5 on PP

Too short

Are Porto still losing? Oh man, a team with odds of 1/10 losing is obviously something you don't often see. There will be quite a few gamblers pulling their hair out tonight if they don't make a comeback.

My granny's got about 13 minutes to get her house back....

But I've told her I'll re-re-mortgage it on the Betis-Real Madrid game. 1-1 at half time.....

Odds on Porto winning are now 18/1, with 5 minutes of normal time remaining.

25/1 now

3/1 the draw though