The gambling thread Page 19

Quote: rwayne @ March 15 2012, 12:50 PM GMT

Has anyone ever met a gambler that hasn't said they were 'up overall'?

I am very, very slightly down at the moment.

Though I'm not really a proper 'gambler', I suppose.

Quote: Jinky @ March 15 2012, 11:09 PM GMT

I am very, very slightly down at the moment.

Though I'm not really a proper 'gambler', I suppose.

Then I'd say you are doing much better than most 'proper' gamblers.

Why didn't Horace Batchelor ever clean up on the pools and retire in luxury?

'That's 'Keynsham.'

Spelt K E Y N S H A M, Bristol.

I've got a strong feeling that Celtic will beat Kilmarnock by at least 3 goals, and Everton will beat Sunderland by at least 2 goals, at the weekend. With odds of 7/1 and 3/1 respectively, I can't resist putting a fiver on. If they do it I'll get £140 back.

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 15 2012, 11:53 PM GMT

Why didn't Horace Batchelor ever clean up on the pools and retire in luxury?

'That's 'Keynsham.'

Spelt K E Y N S H A M, Bristol.

:)

Gordon Mills who managed Englebert and Tom Jones fleeced them both of their massive earnings because he was addicted to gambling and became indebted to the Mafia. Shows how it can get too heavy.

I ended up just putting a tenner on Everton and Celtic to both win their games by 2 goals or more. Celtic should do it easily, and as for Everton, well Moyes left 6 of the players who beat Spurs last week, on the bench for the Derby, to keep them fresh for today, so they should play well.

Shit!!! I've only just found out that the Everton game was an early kick off, and we drew 1-1!

Who do you fancy for the grand national

Here's tips straight from the jockeys mouth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdppQNOLoNI&feature=player_embedded

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ April 9 2012, 1:25 PM BST

Who do you fancy for the grand national

I've backed a couple, Neptune Collonges and Planet of Sound.

Well done you Gerry :)

I am going to put my small bets on Euro 2012. How does one choose a bookies? I usually just wander into whichever I see when I remember and try to ignore the looks of disdain

Quote: AJGO @ April 21 2012, 4:09 PM BST

I am going to put my small bets on Euro 2012. How does one choose a bookies? I usually just wander into whichever I see when I remember and try to ignore the looks of disdain

If you're happy to bet online, you can use oddschecker to find the bookie who has the best price about the selection you want to back:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012

(If you open an online account, you'll also get a free bet with most firms.)

Cheers Gerry, but not opening an online account, know how that's gonna end! I've banned myself from spending any more than a tenner on a bet. Wandered into a bookies and got disdainful looks but it has been done

And your selections are?

Ha, oh yeah, was far more involved in how intimidating the bookies was :D

Spain 5/2

Czech Republic 66/1

C'mon Czech Republic, ya knows I loves ya baby Cool