Things that piss you off Page 1,843

Thank you. maybe I shall dig out my Barathea blazer with the white rose of Yorkshire on the breast pocket.
And on this day, mark the passing of the Slavery Abolition Act in 1833, which was championed by Yorkshire MP William Wilberforce.

I only know it was Yorkshire Day because Sean Bean was trending on Twitter with an 82 second clip of him saying 'Bastard' it was invigorating.

Sheep sheep sheep shaggers 🐑

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 31st July 2023, 9:06 PM

It's like Alan's attempt at Peter Cook style journalism in Scissored Isle. Starts off with upfront interrogation and ends by waving them off.

The Cook Report would've been better if it had been Peter Cook! But methinks you mean Roger!

Quote: a plate @ 1st August 2023, 7:59 PM

The Cook Report would've been better if it had been Peter Cook! But methinks you mean Roger!

The man on the Telly?

Roger Melly was voiced by Peter Cook I think?!

My f**king laptop - or EE.

So f**king slow and I keep getting the message "Google not responding".

I'm not the fastest typer (?) but it keeps going so slow catching up on my typing I tend to enter it again and get everything twice which I then have to edit.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th August 2023, 3:02 PM

My f**king laptop - or EE.

So f**king slow and I keep getting the message "Google not responding".

I'm not the fastest typer (?) but it keeps going so slow catching up on my typing I tend to enter it again and get everything twice which I then have to edit.

I'm with EE and no lag problems today. There might be multiple browser instances open or something else using up memory resources causing a delay recognising keystrokes. If the web browser keeps crashing and a reboot isn't fixing it open task manager to see what the RAM and CPU are doing.

Hold the Windows key and press R to open the run box

type taskmgr and click ok

Select the performance tab to see what resources are being used. I sometimes have to open task manager to kill multiple instances of Chrome that slows down the system.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th August 2023, 3:02 PM

I'm not the fastest typer (?) but it keeps going so slow catching up on my typing

As Tarby said, that's an indicator that something is wrong with your PC. You'll probably find that a process or service is consuming 100% of your CPU cycles. A reboot usually fixes it, but if it doesn't, you might have some sort of malware infection.

Apple iPhones.
My Sony Xperia phone killed itself so as a temporary fix, I am using my wife's old iPhone 6.
It nags me all day for my apple ID (which she has forgotten) and it will not let me reset it to factory settings - or anything else without the ID.
It will not let me import my phone numbers from a back-up and Apple themselves will only send a new ID to the old number on this phone (long since gone)
There is software to do this but 'free' seems dodgy and 'paid for' lasts for only 30 days.
Without official apple software (for which you need your ID) the phone will not show up on your PC.
They really box you in.

Contestants on Pointless who read out the whole clue before giving their answer - unless they get it wrong :)

Pulp.

Latest Facebook bollox: post a picture of one of the most famous people in the world... And then write who it is. Like we might not know. Ffs, it's like saying, 'The Beatles! An English pop group. Left to right: John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr.' Just post the photo, we'll f**king get there.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 24th August 2023, 9:47 AM

Latest Facebook bollox: post a picture of one of the most famous people in the world... And then write who it is. Like we might not know. Ffs, it's like saying, 'The Beatles! An English pop group. Left to right: John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr.' Just post the photo, we'll f**king get there.

The Beatles isn't a great example as a lot of people under thirty haven't got a clue who they are or what they look like. It sounds like a sensible idea to write who it is.

You're welcome to your opinion. This is English for You Are Wrong.
My personal favourite is when they have a photo of Madonna with 'Madonna!!!!: written all over it. Then, 'Madonna'. Thanks. I thought it was Putin.