Things that piss you off Page 1,842

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5x1F9ohRa4&pp=ygUaamVzdXMgYW5kIG1hcnkgY2hhaW4gcmFpbiA%3D

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd July 2023, 10:10 AM

It is miserable weather, though.

No it isn't - you are just weird 😛

Quote: zooo @ 23rd July 2023, 11:24 AM

Rain makes me happy, heat makes me miserable. So there.

You and me both, zooo - my sentiments exactly.

Quote: Firkin @ 23rd July 2023, 11:31 AM

Your a man of taste Herc. The sound of rain is very relaxing, calm after the storm and all that.

Thank you - I love a good storm, and the smell of the fresh air afterwards.

If I'm outside I like it dry but not hot. If I'm inside, looking out of a window, I don't mind rain. Although the outdoor cats get wet then, and look miserable, so if you like rain you're a cat hater.

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd July 2023, 11:46 AM

If I'm outside I like it dry but not hot. If I'm inside, looking out of a window, I don't mind rain. Although the outdoor cats get wet then, and look miserable, so if you like rain you're a cat hater.

Nothing wrong with a wet pussy.

Just had a thought - you have presumably indoor and outdoor cats?!

There are cats that don't belong to me but still visit my garden because it's a cool place for local cats to hang out.

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd July 2023, 12:12 PM

........................... it's a cool place for local cats to hang out.

Like Yeah man, dig it Daddio 😎

Just been for a long walk in the siling down rain with the dog.
You can't get any wetter than when your underpants are wet through too.
But the joy of toweling off and putting fresh, dry, and warm clothes on can't be beat.

Is that your dog walking chat up line ?

Nice video, Herc. I watch those things a lot.

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd July 2023, 11:46 AM

Although the outdoor cats get wet then, and look miserable, so if you like rain you're a cat hater.

OR
If you don't provide some lovely outdoor shelter for cats to sit under when it's raining, you hate cats.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd July 2023, 12:26 PM

You can't get any wetter than when your underpants are wet through too.
But the joy of toweling off and putting fresh, dry, and warm clothes on can't be beat.

First of all, I thought too much information, then thought - seems like a nice boy. Let me know the next time you want a rub down.

Why are all the bloody questions about TV dramas and TV sitcoms in House of Games bloody American?

I don't watch bloody American dramas or sitcoms!

"The right to reply"
Just now, some poor old biddy was on R4, telling the presenter how she'd been virtually trapped in her flat for eight weeks 'cos the lift's busted and the management company are dragging their feet getting the parts.
She pays a huge service charge and the block is almost exclusively old, but independent people - all now lumbered.
After her tale of woe we had the usual "We asked the company in question to come on the show, but they declined , but sent this statement"
He then proceeds to read it.
No. Don't f**king read it.
If they can't be arsed to come on the line or send someone in, then they don't get to comment.
The govt do the same thing.
"The Minister declined to comment, but a spokesman for the Department said..."
No. Sod off.
Have the decency to take ten minute out of your 'busy' schedule, otherwise you don't get to tell your side of the story.
Which we all know will be a load of old flannel anyway.
Rant over.

Quote: Lazzard @ 31st July 2023, 6:08 PM

"The right to reply"

The lift is probably breaking down all the time because they do the bare minimum repair instead of bringing in the correct engineers for the job and giving it an overhaul. The lift in the building I live in is broken more often than it's working and I wouldn't go near it. Even when I was moving stuff in I preferred using the stairs. For that poor woman and her neighbours who have mobility problems the broken lift can be disastrous. It shouldn't take a management company over two months to fix something that the majority of the tenants rely on but they will be thinking they're not going to be taking them to court for breach of contract anytime soon. The broken lift is having serious consequences on the tenants' quality of life and is a major part of the buildings communal fixtures and fittings.

I can just guess what the response was..."We would like to thank Mrs Biddy for bringing this very concerning matter to our attention and we promise we are working with our contractor to remedy this situation without further delay".

Shows like Rogue Traders could go easy on companies by allowing them on the show where they can make a big deal of resolving all of the customer cases highlighted on the show but that's four highlighted cases from hundreds or thousands of complaints and the show ends and fades out with them looking like the good guys. It's like Alan's attempt at Peter Cook style journalism in Scissored Isle. Starts off with upfront interrogation and ends by waving them off.

Quote: zooo @ 23rd July 2023, 2:24 PM

Nice video, Herc. I watch those things a lot.

OR
If you don't provide some lovely outdoor shelter for cats to sit under when it's raining, you hate cats.

My car in the drive provides ample shelter for - often 3 or 4 cats when it's raining.
As I approach it, I knock on the car doors to skedaddle them and wait a few moments after I start the engine.
The dog goes nuts when he see's them.

Happy Yorkshire day Mr Goodlad,