Russell Howard's Good News Page 7

Did anyone see the creepy smiling guy in the background of and MP being interviewed. I saw it on Have I Got News For you.

Is he travelling the world giving people that creepy grin everywhere he goes.

This seems to be very...casual comedy, if that makes sense. Aimed at people who don't really care for stand-up and proper comedy shows, but want a bit of a laugh.

I would like the program so much more if it didn't depend on 'lol funny and random xD' internet clips. Russell is a very good stand-up, and he's better than this.

Well, I think the internet clips and the week's weird news is more what the show is about, than traditional stand up. The extra stand up guest doesn't even appear on the normal show, only the extended version. (I think?)

I do find it pretty funny.

I think that's the third time I've seen Nina Conti on TV .....

I'm too gallant to speculate how she's getting the gigs

Quote: fasty @ June 2 2012, 11:04 PM BST

Apparently you aren't too gallant to imply it, though.

*Whoosh*

I understood your joke, but I objected to its inherent sexism.

Quote: fasty @ June 2 2012, 11:04 PM BST

I like Nina Conti. She is a very good ventriloquist. But I do agree that she's not really that funny. Which is a shame.

It's a bit like impressionists, they don't really tend to also be very good at comedy.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ June 4 2012, 6:33 PM BST

I like Nina Conti. She is a very good ventriloquist.

She seems to struggle with the gasic stills though ;)

Why has this run finished without taking in with Jubilee concert etc? There must have been loads of material there.

It's alright until he does a shouty impersonation or shows a cute animal making a funny face a couple of times too many. But on the whole it's good, bawdy fun to pass the time with.

I'm sick to death of Nick Clegg being heckled by a Chinaman.

Hi everyone,

Check out our lingerie model stop motion animation video inspired by the intro to Russell Howard's Good News! Love the sequence, so we transformed a drawing of a model into a walking, moving stop motion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ba2O9CF7SA