Russell Howard's Good News Page 4

Well put sir

Did I just see him on the bench at Old Trashford?

I liked the bit in this week's show about cute animals. :)

''Stop making that noise!''

Nice way to spend a bit of time :)

Quote: Chappers @ October 31 2009, 7:12 PM GMT

Did I just see him on the bench at Old Trashford?

Was that a joke or did you ACTUALLY see him?

Quote: katie coe @ December 12 2009, 10:04 AM GMT

Was that a joke or did you ACTUALLY see him?

Young lady, Mr Chapman is the last person to make a joke.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 12 2009, 11:19 AM GMT

Young lady, Mr Chapman is the last person to make a joke.

So she saw him? :O

Edit: Sorry, didn't realise how old this thread was. The previous reply was nearly two weeks ago :$

I think Russ is okay on Mock The Week, but I don't really dig his stand-up and as such I didn't really like this show either.
And he started having a go at Bruce Forsyth, which I didn't think was fair at all

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 23 2009, 4:02 PM GMT

Interestingly the quote on the DVD of Coming Of Age is "It's not that shite when compared to Grownups".

Tim Dawson would object to that terribly. He'd be disappointed at the suggestion that he only came second place.

Something rather interesting has cropped up in the show's blog.

Every week a post a list of stories and clips that have been suggested by viewers, and this week I'm one of them! The thing in question is this "The Daily Mail Song" by Dan and Dan, which has been spread around Twitter. It has been reported in The Guardian and has retweeted by Graham Linehan and Stephen Fry.

Just seen Blinky doing his little trailer - "People say the news just isn't funny..." - Good of him to issue a disclaimer before you watch the show. :)

The only 'good news' will be when Russell Howard stops being on TV.

I'm not a big fan of Russell Howard but, like him or not, this show has been a big success with the BBC3 younger audience, so fair play to him AND he's given a break to other comics such as Dan Atkinson, Steve Williams and a few others who are writing with him and appearing in the skits.

Anything that gets more work for comics and writers is good in my opinion (and yes, as a comic and a writer, I do have a vested interest).

Quote: Tony Cowards @ March 31 2010, 10:30 AM BST

Anything that gets more work for comics and writers is good in my opinion

Exactly, bring back Mrs Thatcher. :)