The Big Bang Theory - Season 3 Page 6

I have some mates who keep discussing who Penny should be with - Leonard or Sheldon (yeah, I know, weird). Personally I don't particularly care but I find it amusingly that they're somewhat invested in those types of things.

Have to say, Howard & Raj have been amazing this season. Just brilliant.

Sheldon is asexual and/or gay!!!!

Penny is not even a possibility. The whole idea is retarded.

(I'm not even convinced she belongs with Leonard to be honest, but that's another issue.)

The more I think of it, the more the Sheldon / Penny eventually shagging seems to make sense.

They have that whole love / hate thing going on and there is a definite 'tension' between them.

Yep, would make an obvious plot twist and push the dynamic even further.

Today Renegade, you've gone wrong.

For Sheldon to ... well, do anything like that, would be so mind-warpingly out of character, is it even worth considering? :S

It would be horrible. And it makes me wonder if the people considering that have ever even seen the show before?

Unless they know something I don't? :/

Wow, Sheldon getting it on with Penny has struck a real nerve with you zooo. Even the concept is beyond your reckoning and you've gone so far as to label Sheldon asexual and gay.

Penny has already shown a sexual proclivaty towards one geek neighbour, why not the other? If Joey can fancy a pregnant Rachel in Friends (which was teh suk) then anything is possible in sitcom land.

zooo - I agree and I am boggled by the fanaticism of some Penny/Sheldon supporters online. It's sad how sometimes people can't recognize a good comedic chemistry without turning it into something romantic or sexual.

Sheldon is often like a childlike character that the "parents" (other characters) have to treat carefully and exclude from "grown-up" things, so to imagine him being sexual is just beyond weird and creepy for me.

But Sheldon is a grown man with a penis and balls - to make him out as some sort of non-sexual entity is creepy as well.

Quote: sanniberry @ December 27 2009, 1:12 PM GMT

to imagine him being sexual is just beyond weird and creepy for me.

You do know this show is fictional?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 27 2009, 1:13 PM GMT

But Sheldon is a grown man with a penis and balls - to make him out as some sort of non-sexual entity is creepy as well.

But isn't he supposed to be a bit autistic, or something? Can that make you a bit uninterested in all that sexy business? Plus the fact he's a sitcom character in a broad comedy and so doesn't have to be too close to an actual rounded human person. :D

Unless Sheldon suffers from sort of massive erectile dysfunction, then the possibility of him nailing Penny is always on the cards.

It's either that or he goes full Oedipal and ends up with his mother's head in the fridge.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 27 2009, 1:19 PM GMT

It's either that or he goes full Oedipal and ends up with his mother's head in the fridge.

Taking it out occasionally to f**k her dry, dead, frozen mouth?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 27 2009, 1:21 PM GMT

Taking it out occasionally to f**k her dry, dead, frozen mouth?

Until he comes home one day and finds it in Walowitz's lap. See the show is writing itself.

Quote: Nogget @ December 27 2009, 1:15 PM GMT

You do know this show is fictional?

Well, I'm not losing sleep over the issue. Was describing a simple gut reaction.

Should add, the characterization varies. He's not always portrayed as childlike.