The Big Bang Theory - Season 3 Page 7

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 27 2009, 1:11 PM GMT

Wow, Sheldon getting it on with Penny has struck a real nerve with you zooo. Even the concept is beyond your reckoning and you've gone so far as to label Sheldon asexual and gay.

That's the whole point of his character! :D It's the writers that made him that way, not meee!

Penny has already shown a sexual proclivaty towards one geek neighbour, why not the other? If Joey can fancy a pregnant Rachel in Friends (which was teh suk) then anything is possible in sitcom land.

Believe it or not it wasn't that way round that bothered me. :) I don't see why Sheldon would fancy Penny. He would obviously need someone who excited him mentally. Not quite her forte.

Quote: zooo @ December 27 2009, 2:11 PM GMT

He would obviously need someone who excited him mentally.

Opposites attract.

Not in Sheldon's case.
He's hardly a typical person. :)

They work brilliantly as friends, but that's all. To me, to even suggest something else is to completely miss the point of the show.

Quote: zooo @ December 27 2009, 2:17 PM GMT

To me, to even suggest something else is to completely miss the point of the show.

The point of the show? Nerds don't fit well into normal society?

As for Sheldon, his character is always experimenting with different social norms, so why not a bit of jiggy-jiggy with the Penny? She may not be his intellectual equal, but her body is slammin' and to men, that's what really counts for sexual congress.

Even Spock needed a shag every 7 years or he went nutzoid.

Though we might be speaking at cross purposes here, I'm just talking about Sheldon getting his dick wet, not having a full blown relationship with the Penny.

Sheldon doesn't do sex!

Bleeding heck, clearly you've never seen the programme before. :)
Perhaps you have been watching Jackass by accident?

I could see Penny maybe sleeping with Howard or thingy, in a one-off weird plot twist thingy. Just not Sheldon.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 27 2009, 2:31 PM GMT

I'm just talking about Sheldon getting his dick wet,

You old romantic you!

*Remembers posting about f**king a severed head in the mouth and shuts up*

Quote: zooo @ December 27 2009, 2:34 PM GMT

Sheldon doesn't do sex!

Bleeding heck, clearly you've never seen the programme before. :)

Sheldon doesn't do sex...yet. Yes, I've obviously never seen the show before, that's why I mentioned his Oedipal complex, which I must have made up out of thin air.

If Leonard and Penny can hook up within 3 series, then the romantic onus is going to have to shift to Sheldon, characters have to evolve and grow, otherwise they die.

I hadn't even thought about Sheldon and Penny until it was brought up on this thread - so there must have been momentum behind the concept before me - but don't let that stop you from having a pop at me though zooo. ;)

I love you really Renegade.

(You're the only one *here* who supports it, I can't have a pop at people who aren't here!)

Quote: zooo @ December 27 2009, 2:43 PM GMT

I could see Penny maybe sleeping with Howard or thingy, in a one-off weird plot twist thingy. Just not Sheldon.

Whereas I cannot see that happening. Penny's already shared much more intimate moments with Sheldon then Howard or thingy (racist!). When he wasn't feeling well, when he found out Leonard had lied to him, etc.

She's been on his bed several times and there has been touching. Next stop - Shag Central! Woo! Woo!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 27 2009, 2:50 PM GMT

Whereas I cannot see that happening. Penny's already shared much more intimate moments with Sheldon then Howard or thingy (racist!).

Hee.
I have literally never remembered his name.

She's been on his bed several times and there has been touching. Next stop - Shag Central! Woo! Woo!

Yeees. There's this word 'friendship' you should look up.

If only Penny was ugly, you'd understand the concept.

RC lets his baser instincts take too much control, methinks.

Sitcom characters don't necessarily change. Some of the best ones stay essentially the same throughout the show's run.

Anyway, I could see sexuality believably step into Sheldon's characterization through admiration he has for somebody incredibly intelligent, intellect matching his own. Penny's an unlikely candidate for that.

And c'mon, Raj is about the easiest Indian name to learn.

That's his name?

They always call him something with about 6 syllables...

Quote: Aaron @ December 27 2009, 4:21 PM GMT

RC lets his baser instincts take too much control, methinks.

Thanks Sheldon. ;)

Quote: zooo @ December 27 2009, 11:26 PM GMT

That's his name?

They always call him something with about 6 syllables...

Koothrapalli (unsure about the spelling) is his last name.