Not Going Out - Series 1 Page 8

Speaking from memory, I can't really remember any specific plot twists as such, but really didn't get the impression tht it was American or thin in any way either. I kind of agree about the American character though. It was interesting to throw another viewpoint into the mix I suppose, but her voice just grated on me. >_<
Still, like I've said before, I enjoyed it. :)

I guess that they just hired Megan Dodds because they thought she was the best actress though. Her nationality probably wasn't that important as they had Catherine Tate in the part before that.

Quote: Nick @ January 16, 2007, 1:47 PM

I guess that they just hired Megan Dodds because they thought she was the best actress though. Her nationality probably wasn't that important as they had Catherine Tate in the part before that.

I believe Andrew Collins has said that they had to do a re write once an American was cast in the role.

Well of course they had to tailor the part to suit her but I doubt that they hired her because of her nationality.

Megan Dodds is pretty and thus I'm happy she was in Not Going Out for that reason alone. Yes I'm shallow. That is all.

Actually it's not - just to clear things up - as Steve has said above, according to Andrew Collins the female character was actually written for an English actress to begin with but the part was re-written when it was decided Dodds put in the best audition.

Quote: Mark @ January 17, 2007, 5:12 PM

Megan Dodds is pretty and thus I'm happy she was in Not Going Out for that reason alone. Yes I'm shallow. That is all.

All Mark needs is a bit o' sitcom hottie-tottie and he's happy. ;)

Quote: Mark @ January 17, 2007, 5:12 PM

Couldn't agree more. Stick a cute American woman in a sitcom and I'm a happy man. Even if there wasn't an obvious reason for her to be there (my problem with NGO - would she really have gone out with Tim Vine?), who cares? Also have to say that I found her voice sexy in a quirky kind of way.

Has anybody seen Tim Vine's live DVD? In the extras it has Tim going to his local Pizza Hut and getting turned down by one of the waitresses. It makes me think that he wouldn't have stood much of a chance with Megan Dodds. Due to the fact that the show wasn't really going for realism it didn't really matter though.

megan dodds is pretty and time vine and lee mack are funny = second series please

I thought Lee Mack could be funny if the script was good. I only saw one episode, but of the 30 minutes I saw, I kinda thought that he had good delivery, but the good lines weren't really there.

Quote: Wheeler @ January 17, 2007, 6:14 PM

my problem with NGO - would she really have gone out with Tim Vine?

I think this shows she has issues with her self confidence. Which also explains her attraction to Mack. There's some pathos for you right there.

Hey, I'm attracted to Mack too!
But not Tim Vine.

That definitely means I win against Megan.

Yup.

:/

Wave Just arrived. I was reading around the Lee Mack site and it says that he is writing the second series of Not Going out on his biography page for 2007. Is this his management being optimistic or has their been good news?.I sincerely hope Andrew and Lee get the go ahead on a second series. I do miss traditional sitcoms and certainly think this one deserves another series. I thought it was ok after the first episode but by the third I wanted to tune in every week. Sat and watched with my dad one night and he enjoyed it too. Loved the quick fire style and thought the characters warmed up as the series went on. Found lots of laugh out loud moments. As a yoga do-er, the yoga episode.. :D

FYI - Not Going Out has been recommissioned for a second season. Full Story

It's good news in my opinion!

I can't remember watching this, but if it was on BBC1 it must be shit ;)

Seeing as their both quick fire gag merchants, they don't talk like that in the show do they? Because I'm not sure if I could get on with that style, don't get me wrong I like their stand up, but in a show, I'm not to sure, I'll have to check it out before I judge I suppose.