Not Going Out - Series 1 Page 15

I'm pretty sure I've read that Blu-ray production is at present quite a bit more expensive than DVD. If that is indeed the case, it would explain why 2 Entertain have been releasing big-name stand-up, and slightly more broad-appeal shows like Mongrels and Psychoville on Blu-ray, but not titles like Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle.

As for Not Going Out (and The Green Green Grass), they're released by other distributors. Again, cost could be an issue for the smaller companies, and bigger ones like Universal Pictures (NGO) might have decided there's not enough of a market yet. Remember how long it took some shows to make it to DVD from VHS!

(I also get the impression that it's pretty much down to a show's producer to get it released on DVD - perhaps they're just not bothered about Blu-ray? These distributors seem to work with little basis in the real world, so any number of factors could come into play.)

With comedy, does it really matter?

Surely it's the spoken word 95% of the time not the quality of the picture ?

God Almighty, people will be asking for Black Adder to be released in 3D shortly !

In the meanwhile, I will continue to watch Hancock in whatever format and appreciate the humour.

Blu Ray black and white? There's a thought . . .

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 1 2011, 12:58 AM GMT

With comedy, does it really matter?

Surely it's the spoken word 95% of the time not the quality of the picture ?

God Almighty, people will be asking for Black Adder to be released in 3D shortly!

Agreed, I can't really imagine getting upset that a sitcom isn't available on blu-ray.

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 1 2011, 12:58 AM GMT

Blu Ray black and white? There's a thought . . .

The Twilight Zone is out, y'know...

Quote: zooo @ December 1 2011, 1:11 AM GMT

Agreed, I can't really imagine getting upset that a sitcom isn't available on blu-ray.

Odd that people don't want the best quality available.

Cheers Aaron for elucidating btw.

Dan

If it wasn't even avaialble on DVD fair enough, but bloody hell. Pick your battles. Some shows aren't available on any format.

No! I refuse! My life is perfect in every other way; this is the only battle I have to fight! Don't take it away from me!

Dan

:D