I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,689

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th January 2015, 8:59 PM GMT

but gay divorce surely can't give the same legal rights to pay outs as normal divorce.

It surely can. And does. Equality, innit.

Quote: zooo @ 6th January 2015, 9:22 PM GMT

Maybe he's more into personality than looks! Fry's got a f**k load of that.

Yeah, he does. But if he was cracking those jokes in an old man's pub in Grimsby, would he have a queue of 27 year olds at his door?

Maybe, but I am a cynic. Also, looks / bedroom prowess aside, I doubt the depression is particularly easy to live with. :( (Not as difficult as it is for the sufferer, obviously).

Quote: Ben @ 6th January 2015, 9:01 PM GMT

Maybe he's really good in bed?

Doesn't he....how can I put this delicately...not believe in hiding the purple parsnip?

I remember he once said in a documentary that he "wasn't interested in anuses and penises."

Yikes, hopefully he meant interested in talking about them on telly, rather than fiddling with them in private.

Quote: zooo @ 6th January 2015, 9:31 PM GMT

You're all just jealous and want to marry Stephen yourselves.

If he was in the body of a straight 30 year old Norman Reedus lookalike I'd do it myself.

Apparently he's also marrying Norman Red-arse. He's not going to bum him or nothing it's just so no girly can have him.

Quote: zooo @ 6th January 2015, 9:41 PM GMT

Yikes, hopefully he meant interested in talking about them on telly, rather than fiddling with them in private.

Hmmm. I Googled the quote (using inprivate browsing, obvs) and it came up with this:

"In Uganda, a country where politicians still hope to legislate against homosexuality, Fry enjoyed a bizarre conversation with a pastor who muttered darkly about carrots.

"Oh, gracious!" said Fry, mildly.

"You're not using your penis the way you should use it!" continued the pastor, upping his game. "But I'm not interested in anuses and penises," Fry said. He then listed his preferred sexual practices, none of which involved penetration. From the tone of his voice, he might as well have been reading aloud from the menu at the Garrick Club."

The things I do to avoid work.

Quote: sootyj @ 6th January 2015, 9:42 PM GMT

Apparently he's also marrying Norman Red-arse. He's not going to bum him or nothing it's just so no girly can have him.

What a bastard.

Quote: Jennie @ 6th January 2015, 9:43 PM GMT

Hmmm. I Googled the quote (using inprivate browsing, obvs) and it came up with this:

"In Uganda, a country where politicians still hope to legislate against homosexuality, Fry enjoyed a bizarre conversation with a pastor who muttered darkly about carrots.

"Oh, gracious!" said Fry, mildly.

"You're not using your penis the way you should use it!" continued the pastor, upping his game. "But I'm not interested in anuses and penises," Fry said. He then listed his preferred sexual practices, none of which involved penetration. From the tone of his voice, he might as well have been reading aloud from the menu at the Garrick Club."

The things I do to avoid work.

Ooh, how interesting.
Now I want to know what the practices were. Time for a dodgy Google!

Quote: Jennie @ 6th January 2015, 9:38 PM GMT

I remember he once said in a documentary that he "wasn't interested in anuses and penises."

He more recently started being interested.

There's no reason why opposites shouldn't attract, but it's easy to be cynical, since we've seen this sort of thing end up badly for an older star many times before; just look at Paul McCartney/ Heather Mills, or John Cleese/ Eichelberger.

Maybe the anuses and penises thing is why he wouldnt appear on Mock the weak.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/jan/07/shooting-paris-satirical-magazine-charlie-hebdo?CMP=share_btn_fb

Paris has taken a hit.

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th January 2015, 1:00 PM GMT

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/jan/07/shooting-paris-satirical-magazine-charlie-hebdo?CMP=share_btn_fb

Paris has taken a hit.

I know it's a sad story...
...but what I first read was this, honestly:

And that's the difference between us and them.
Their stupid God is laughable - but they don't get the joke.

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th January 2015, 1:10 PM GMT

And that's the difference between us and them.
Their stupid God is laughable - but they don't get the joke.

Did that chat up line with Pope Benedict

Quote: sootyj @ 7th January 2015, 1:35 PM GMT

..Pope Benedict

He's no better than the rest of them.

It's just a Pope-ularity contest isn't it.

Quote: Jennie @ 6th January 2015, 9:38 PM GMT

It surely can. And does. Equality, innit.

But having equally bad laws isn't justice.

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th January 2015, 1:00 PM GMT

Paris has taken a hit.

That mag should've had armed security. The French are extremely close to voting in a national front govt. I hope they close down mosques and ban Islam itself. A western country has to put a stop to this crap. Stuff PC put the jackboot on these bastards and tell them who's in charge.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th January 2015, 4:55 PM GMT

I hope they close down mosques and ban Islam itself.

You don't think such a plan might backfire?