I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,684

Barrack Obama couldn't pass a bowel movement with congressional support

I doubt he's going to pass the biggest piece of foreign policy in half a century

While I never joined Kim Jong-Un's fan club - he operates too many gas chambers for my liking - the recent hoo-hah about Sony has raised questions in my mind. Like "how liberal are the United States and Britain really?", that is, irrespective of context. Would a British so-called satire about murdering Barack Obama be on general cinema release or canned before it was started? Has there ever been a "satire" on those lines?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 19th December 2014, 11:38 PM GMT

While I never joined Kim Jong-Un's fan club

You should have!
You get sent a badge with Kim Jong-Uns dog
But get this, the eyes move when you shake it

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 20th December 2014, 12:21 AM GMT

You should have!
You get sent a badge with Kim Jong-Uns dog
But get this, the eyes move when you shake it

Wow. That sounds cool. I might have to resign from Tufty. :D

More interestingly, what about a film about the extermination of the monarchy? Not that I'm an anti royalist or anything. I'll bet nobody would have the guts to do it. Would it be banned publicly or surreptitiously?

Quote: keewik @ 20th December 2014, 12:51 AM GMT

More interestingly, what about a film about the extermination of the monarchy? Not that I'm an anti royalist or anything. I'll bet nobody would have the guts to do it. Would it be banned publicly or surreptitiously?

You make a very good point and appropriately from north of the border. One of the key points that Obama and even Clooney appear to have missed is that computer hacking in other parts of the world is probably regarded as a form of satire in itself. Luckily, no one sensible could seriously say the same about the saltire.

The Naked Gun
I rest my case

The only reason it wouldn't get made is there probably wouldn't be much of an audience for it.
Plenty of movies have been made where The Royal Family is threatened...

King Ralf

Quote: Lazzard @ 20th December 2014, 9:23 AM GMT

The only reason it wouldn't get made is there probably wouldn't be much of an audience for it.
Plenty of movies have been made where The Royal Family is threatened...

Yes, consider poor old King Kong.

We can hate the Royals all we want (well, I don't really) but we can't possibly pretend our country is even CLOSE to being as bad as North Korea et al with censorship or tyranny. I really don't think the Royals would give a shit about any film about them.

Quote: zooo @ 20th December 2014, 10:37 AM GMT

We can hate the Royals all we want (well, I don't really) but we can't possibly pretend our country is even CLOSE to being as bad as North Korea et al with censorship or tyranny. I really don't think the Royals would give a shit about any film about them.

From what I've heard, there is less censorship and tyranny than most people think of North Korea, it is mostly indoctrination. Their people LOVE their Great Leaders and wouldn't dream of living anywhere else.

Bill, concerning North Korea, "It is estimated that between 150,000 and 200,000 political prisoners are detained in concentration camps, where they perform forced labour and risk summary beatings, torture and execution."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_North_Korea

Quote: Nogget @ 20th December 2014, 11:34 PM GMT

Bill, concerning North Korea, "It is estimated that between 150,000 and 200,000 political prisoners are detained in concentration camps, where they perform forced labour and risk summary beatings, torture and execution."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_North_Korea

Probably so, but there are over 24 million people in North Korea, so the political prisoners amount to 0.8% of the population, so that's upto 99.2% who could be in LOVE with the Great Leader(s).

Quote: billwill @ 20th December 2014, 11:55 PM GMT

Probably so, but there are over 24 million people in North Korea, so the political prisoners amount to 0.8% of the population, so that's upto 99.2% who could be in LOVE with the Great Leader(s).

Or join the 0.8% if they don't.