- 2013 - 2016
- Sky One
- 25 (3 series), plus 1 documentary
- Mathew Baynton, Simon Farnaby, Martha Howe-Douglas, Jim Howick, Laurence Rickard and Ben Willbond
- Martha Howe-Douglas, Mathew Baynton, Jim Howick, Simon Farnaby, Laurence Rickard, Ben Willbond, Dan Skinner and Stephen Fry
- Mathew Baynton, Martha Howe-Douglas, Simon Farnaby, Jim Howick, Laurence Rickard and Ben Willbond
- Steve Connelly and David Sant
- Sioned Wiliam, Imogen Cooper, Martin Baker and Pete Coogan
Yonderland follows mum Debbie Maddox who unexpectedly finds herself in an extraordinary world inhabited by a collection of eccentric (and usually idiotic) characters, with only an Elf by her side.
The story begins with Debbie thinking she may be going mad. And perhaps she is, as a wildly enthusiastic Elf appears from a kitchen cupboard, telling her that she is needed in another world, for she is their unlikely saviour - The Special One.
Debbie is convinced that there has been some kind of mistake, but nevertheless decides that whatever the Elf might need her to do can't be any worse than watching another episode of daytime TV show What's in the Box?, so she lets him drag her through a portal to the other world.
As she does her best to help incompetent knights, monks who are incapable of lying and a race of people intent on firing the cleverest amongst them into the sun, the question is: can she fulfil the prophecy and save the world from the dark forces that are gathering to subdue it, and will she make it back to the real world in time for the school pick up?
Series 2: Debbie is thrown back into the madcap world of Yonderland where she's reunited with Elf and Nick the Stick, and called upon by the Council of Elders to overcome their latest challenge. But bigger issues are at stake now that Debbie's nemesis Imperatrix has determined to capture her, fulfil the prophecy and destroy Yonderland.
Meanwhile, Debbie's husband Peter starts to fixate on the strange goings-on in the kitchen cupboard as he becomes increasingly suspicious about her absences, not to mention the occasional blue sparks in his home.
Series 3: With Imperatrix gone and the prophecy fulfilled, it's a time of peace and prosperity for Yonderland. Meanwhile in the real world, Debbie's husband Peter has been offered a job promotion that means the family must relocate to Glasgow. After the arrival of charming, avuncular and long-lost Elder Cuddly Dick, Debbie feels satisfied she can leave the realm in his safe hands. But is she really ready to leave Yonderland forever?
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Sunday 10th November 2013 on Sky One at 6:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Saturday 24th December 2016 on Sky One at 6:30pm
- Last repeat
- Saturday 23rd December 2017 at 6:00am