- 2013 - 2019
- 38 (5 series)
- Tom Rosenthal, Ryan Sampson, Jon Pointing, Tom Basden, Ellie Taylor, Karl Theobald, Tom Davis, Maureen Lipman and more
- Sam Leifer and Tom Basden
- Sam Leifer
- Teddy Leifer, Caroline Leddy, Sam Leifer, Tom Basden and Ramit Anchal
A thoroughly modern comedy in an ancient setting.
Rome is traditionally imagined as the home of emperors and senators, generals and gladiators, a dignified theatre of pomp and ceremony. But what about the little guys, the wasters - new to the big city, stuck in office jobs, unable to get the girls?
Plebs follows three desperate young men from the suburbs as they try to get laid, hold down jobs and climb the social ladder in the big city - a city that happens to be Ancient Rome.
The show focuses on Marcus, his slave with an attitude problem, Grumio, and their flatmate: Stylax, and later Jason. There's also Marcus's ruthless boss, Flavia - an expert manipulator with a private life that's the stuff of legend. Unlikely to be immortalised in the annals or memorialised in a frieze, Marcus, Jason, Stylax and Grumio are essentially just a bunch of Plebs.
And whether they're wearing togas, or skinny jeans, desperate young men in any period of history are essentially cut from the same cloth...
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- First broadcast
- Monday 25th March 2013 at 10pm on ITV2
- Most recent repeats
- Nu Boyana Studios (Bulgaria)