- 1992 - 1998
- BBC One, ITV
- 42 (6 series), plus 2 short specials
- Martin Clunes, Neil Morrissey, Leslie Ash, Caroline Quentin, Ian Lindsay, Valerie Minifie, Dave Atkins, John Thomson and Harry Enfield
- Simon Nye and Elaine Cameron
- Martin Dennis
- Beryl Vertue
Gary Strang owns a ground-floor flat and is employed as sales manager in the local office of a firm supplying security equipment - from locks to burglar alarms - with assistant George and secretary Anthea. It's not the most high-flying career, but his love life is significantly less successful. Emotionally immature and unsure of what - or who - he wants, he continues to see his long-suffering, on-off, nurse girlfriend Dorothy.
Longstanding friend and flatmate Dermot, meanwhile, is a slightly brighter spark but interminably lazy, and not a lot more successful with the fairer sex; when Dermot eventually moves out, the irretrievably dim Tony Smart takes up his old room - and, like Dermot before him, immediately falls for the single blonde in the flat upstairs, Deborah.
Between their typically laddish pursuits - lager, football and women - the two attempt to woo and impress the girls in their lives, despite a lack of cash, sophistication and enthusiasm. If these boys behaving badly ever grow up, they might just stand a chance.
- Also known as
- MBB (Acronym)
- Camera set-up
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 18th February 1992 at 8:30pm on ITV
- Most recent repeats
- Monday 10th January 2022 at 3:25am on Gold - Series 4, Episode 6
- Monday 10th January 2022 at 12:40am on Gold - Series 4, Episode 7
- Monday 10th January 2022 at 12:00am on Gold - Series 4, Episode 6
- Teddington Studios