- 2014 - 2016
- BBC One
- 13 (2 series)
- Alison Steadman, Philip Jackson, Russ Abbot, Stephanie Beacham, James Smith, Paula Wilcox and June Whitfield
- Richard Pinto
- Adam Miller
- Paul Schlesinger
"Life is a long journey. If we're lucky, we'll make some friends along the way. If we're unlucky, they'll stay in touch."
Boomers follows the ups and downs of three couples living in Thurnemouth, "Norfolk's only west-facing resort".
Alan and Joyce, who are coming at retirement from very different directions: Alan wants to slow down, Joyce wants to speed up. Alan tries to avoid as many of Joyce's social commitments as possible, but downsizing to a bungalow has meant there are fewer places to hide.
John and Maureen live in their gadget-filled dream house, adventurous in every aspect of life - including the bedroom. For them 60 is the new 40. However, there's a reminder of what's around the corner with Maureen's ever-present Mum, Joan.
Finally, there's Trevor and Carol, who've got non-communication down to such a fine art that if Carol spent a weekend away, Trevor might not even notice. 30 years of living in each other's pockets have shown the benefits and drawbacks staying friends over the decades...
- Production company
- The theme tune is The Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles.
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Friday 15th August 2014 on BBC One at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 29th April 2016 on BBC One at 9:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Saturday 22nd December 2018 at 7:20am on Gold