- 2014 - 2021
- BBC Radio 4
- 21 (5 series), plus 3 other episodes
- Kevin McNally, Kevin Eldon, Simon Greenall, Robin Sebastian, Susy Kane, Margaret Cabourn-Smith, Andrew Secombe and David Cann
- Ray Galton and Alan Simpson
- Neil Pearson and Ed Morrish
Between 1954 and 1959, BBC Radio recorded 102 episodes of Ray Galton and Alan Simpson's comedy classic, Hancock's Half Hour. The first modern sitcom, it made stars of Tony Hancock, Sid James and Kenneth Williams, and launched Galton & Simpson as one of the most successful comedy-writing partnerships in history.
However, of the shows made, 20 are missing from the BBC archive.
Starting as part of the celebration of Galton & Simpson's diamond anniversary in 2014, BBC Radio 4 commissioned this series (supported by the writers themselves) to recreate the episodes live in front of a studio audience at the BBC Radio Theatre.
- Also known as
- The Lost Hancocks
- First broadcast
- Friday 31st October 2014 at 11:30am on BBC Radio 4
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 31st December 2020 at 6:30pm on BBC Radio 4
- Next repeats
- The Christmas Eve Party, Christmas Special: Tuesday 28th December at 7:30am on Radio 4 Extra
- The Christmas Eve Party, Christmas Special: Tuesday 28th December at 5:30pm on Radio 4 Extra
- The Christmas Eve Party, Christmas Special: Tuesday 28th December at 10pm on Radio 4 Extra
- The Christmas Eve Party, Christmas Special: Wednesday 29th December at 5:30am on Radio 4 Extra
- New Year Resolutions, New Year Special: Wednesday 29th December at 6:30pm on Radio 4
- Most recent repeats
- BBC Radio Theatre