Status report Page 6,005

that means Tarby and me in the same kitchen....Tricky !

Quote: Bill Poster @ 25th March 2018, 11:59 PM

that means Tarby and me in the same kitchen....Tricky !

I don't see a problem with that Bill :) If there's no uncomfortable bottom rubbing I can share my kitchen with anyone. Me with my Waitrose Finest Cuts against your Warburtons Thick Sliced.

ARE YOU READY???

ARE YOU READY???

FIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!

crumbs

I forgot to mention no crumbs. Strictly NO FUCKING CRUMBS.

If you must insist on crumbs bring a tray.

I'll bring the dog.
Anything that resembles food won't reach the floor.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 26th March 2018, 3:48 AM

I'll bring the dog.
Anything that resembles food won't reach the floor.

:D I remember when I would get in from clubbing and be eating something my dog would rest his face on my leg and look up at me in the most pathetic way ever. He was well fed but would act like he was dying of starvation. I wonder if a domesticated dog could learn to ration food instead of trying to eat everything as fast as possible. The dog owners in the next century will have self service food dispensers controlled by the dog :D There are probably some breeds that already do that but I doubt Rotties is one of them.

Dreading tomorrow as we're going to have a 'posed' family photograph taken by a photographer.

( a) I hate having my photograph taken
(b) The photographer's advice seems to assume I'll fall into a twee twinset and pearls type image, whereas I'm more your aging hippy. After many hours spent trawling the shops for the kind of thing he advised, I'm pleasing myself. Think he's in for a shock.

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th March 2018, 11:25 PM

Dreading tomorrow as we're going to have a 'posed' family photograph taken by a photographer.

( a) I hate having my photograph taken
(b) The photographer's advice seems to assume I'll fall into a twee twinset and pearls type image, whereas I'm more your aging hippy. After many hours spent trawling the shops for the kind of thing he advised, I'm pleasing myself. Think he's in for a shock.

Surely just having to photograph you will be a terrible shock for him.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th March 2018, 11:36 PM

Surely just having to photograph you will be a terrible shock for him.

Exactly. Poor bastard.

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th March 2018, 11:25 PM

Please sport a boa, share and nominate :D

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th March 2018, 2:04 AM

Please sport a boa, share and nominate :D

I could borrow one from the drama club. In fact I was tempted to trawl through the costumes for something suitable. Now trying to pass the time till we have to go - for me, It's like going to the dentist.Sick

I have survived. He didn't recoil in horror from my choice of clothes. However he didn't take my suggestion that he provide me with a latex face mask.

Just helped the neighbor lady battle a swarm of bees that has taken up residence in a hollow branch on a large oak tree in her front yard. We managed to avoid being stung and mostly filled the hole with expanding foam. Hopefully they'll leave eventually.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th March 2018, 11:47 PM

Just helped the neighbor lady battle a swarm of bees that has taken up residence in a hollow branch on a large oak tree in her front yard. We managed to avoid being stung and mostly filled the hole with expanding foam. Hopefully they'll leave eventually.

I thought it was illegal for someone who isn't trained in pest control to disturb a bees or wasps nest in England but I just checked and it's a popular myth that a lot of people incorrectly believe. It would make sense though because someone who doesn't know how to deal with them could make them angry and go in to attack mode at anyone unlucky enough to be nearby.

Had a nest in the wall cavity once and could hear them buzzing around. One day got home from work and there was a little hole in the wall and about 10 wasps flying around my bedroom. I like bees but hate wasps.

Quote: Briosaid @ 29th March 2018, 10:47 PM

I have survived. He didn't recoil in horror from my choice of clothes. However he didn't take my suggestion that he provide me with a latex face mask.

Glad it went well. When I was about 12 or so my dad booked a professional photographer to visit on a Saturday morning to take a family picture and we were all rushing around like crazy getting ready. Apart from the dogs looking the wrong way the picture turned out ok apart from one little hiccup that my dad wasn't too happy with - I couldn't find my shoes and they thought it wouldn't be noticable but you can clearly see my grey socks :D

I've been to a photography place called Venture and granted they do amazing photos but the cost isn't steep it's effing vertical.