Status report Page 6,008

Quote: Chappers @ 9th May 2018, 4:42 PM

You have to be careful with 3 year old girls knocking on your door.

I'm still wondering how she managed to buy the beer.

Quote: DaButt @ 9th May 2018, 4:44 PM

I'm still wondering how she managed to buy the beer.

Or carry it?

Quote: Chappers @ 9th May 2018, 6:40 PM

Or carry it?

She's a strong kid. They were also typical American 12-ounce cans, so less than 10 pounds.

Quote: DaButt @ 9th May 2018, 3:36 PM

This is the best place I've ever lived. I socialize almost daily with about 15-20 families who live on my street or the one next to it.

Yesterday one woman brought me beer, another said she'd marry me if she wasn't already married, and another baked me a large chocolate cake decorated to look like boobs. Paradise!

One of my neighbors told me a few weeks ago that he'd given his wife permission to marry me if he dies. :O

It does sound like Paradise.There must be something that bugs you about the place.What's the weather like ? :)

Apparently it was very friendly around here before they opened the freeway.That started the invasion of commuters from Melbourne.Down go the trees,up go the walls and fences,in go the electric gates and everyone locks themselves away.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 9th May 2018, 11:30 PM

It does sound like Paradise.There must be something that bugs you about the place.What's the weather like ?

It's south Texas, so hot as hell in the summer. Currently 90F/32C.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 9th May 2018, 11:30 PM

Apparently it was very friendly around here before they opened the freeway.That started the invasion of commuters from Melbourne.Down go the trees,up go the walls and fences,in go the electric gates and everyone locks themselves away.

I live in a gated community and our houses are separated by wooden fences, but the people are friendly. You'll usually get a wave from a passing car even if you don't know the driver.

I moved here from southern California and I had next-door neighbors who never spoke a word to me, much less waved. I don't miss it at all. Here we just walk into each other's houses (at a reasonable hour to avoid getting shot) and every garage has a fridge filled with community beer. I'm invited to dinner at someone's house 2 or 3 nights a week.

There are really good neighbours here, We help each other by keeping keys and checking houses when folk are away on holiday. The folk with big cars buy messages for us oldies when there's ice on the road. BUT we don't live in each other's pockets. We have our own friends and Don't necessarily need neighbours to fill the gaps.

Walking through town yesterday I saw a massive guy on the floor groaning and a few police officers and cars parked up next to him and then saw a uniformed officer clearly suffering the effects of the gas they use. Looks like they had tried to subdue this guy and the officer got some of it. It looked under control but they must have pressed their emergency button as well because cars with the blues and twos were coming from everywhere. The guy was as big as John Coffey.

Floor? Do you mean the ground or was it inside a building?

Quote: Briosaid @ 10th May 2018, 12:23 AM

Floor? Do you mean the ground or was it inside a building?

Good point and an important distinction :) I was wholly innacurate to the point of neglect with my recollection because the John Coffey type chap was actually sitting on some external steps leading to a communal entrance of a block of flats. Two female officers were next to him standing on a pavement and the male officer who was partially blinded was standing a few metres away in the road. I'm not sure what had just gone down but it wasn't very windy so maybe it was one of his colleagues that used the spray and he got some of it as well. Bloody women.

Rough as a bears arse this morning.
A few too many watching the football.
Ends.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 10th May 2018, 12:10 AM

Walking through town yesterday I saw a massive guy on the floor groaning and a few police officers and cars parked up next to him and then saw a uniformed officer clearly suffering the effects of the gas they use. Looks like they had tried to subdue this guy and the officer got some of it. It looked under control but they must have pressed their emergency button as well because cars with the blues and twos were coming from everywhere. The guy was as big as John Coffey.

Who's John Coffey?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th May 2018, 7:22 AM

Rough as a bears arse this morning.
A few too many watching the football.
Ends.

You can thank us for giving you a point.

Thank you

Quote: Chappers @ 6th May 2018, 8:31 PM

Oh well. Sutton United's dream is no more. After finishing third we lost a home play-off against Boring Wood. Wembley against Tranmere Rovers would've been a great finale for our season. A brilliant season over all though. Vastly exceeded all expectations - and now we don't have to rip our pitch up.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th May 2018, 8:31 PM

You can thank us for giving you a point.

I'm confused. Errr

When did Sutton give Huddersfield a point?

John Cofee was the huge black man in The Green Mile.
Now sadly departed.

Quote: Briosaid @ 9th May 2018, 11:57 PM

BUT we don't live in each other's pockets. We have our own friends and Don't necessarily need neighbours to fill the gaps.

So a neighbor can't be a friend, too? :S