Status report Page 6,006

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 31st March 2018, 11:23 PM

Glad it went well. When I was about 12 or so my dad booked a professional photographer to visit on a Saturday morning to take a family picture and we were all rushing around like crazy getting ready. Apart from the dogs looking the wrong way the picture turned out ok apart from one little hiccup that my dad wasn't too happy with - I couldn't find my shoes and they thought it wouldn't be noticable but you can clearly see my grey socks :D

I've been to a photography place called Venture and granted they do amazing photos but the cost isn't steep it's effing vertical.

We now have the framed picture and It's actually very good. He had to 'touch up' (snigger) the men in various ways but not me - needless to say I'm not letting them hear the end of it.

Sitting at the airport at 4:20 AM. Heading to Denver for my daughter's wedding. Looking forward to seeing my kids and grandson again. Many breweries shall be visited.

Quote: DaButt @ 19th April 2018, 10:23 AM

Sitting at the airport at 4:20 AM. Heading to Denver for my daughter's wedding. Looking forward to seeing my kids and grandson again. Many breweries shall be visited.

Congrats and best wishes.

Quote: playfull @ 19th April 2018, 10:52 AM

Congrats and best wishes.

Thanks. Two days ago a Southwest Airlines 737's left engine exploded and killed a passenger. I'm onboard a Southwest 737 and guess what's right outside my window? It was the first fatal accident on a U.S. airline in 9 years and Southwest's first ever fatality, so I'm not worried.

70 empty seats!

I would maybe sit a bit further away from the window.
And keep my belt on.

Quote: DaButt @ 19th April 2018, 10:55 AM

Thanks. Two days ago a Southwest Airlines 737's left engine exploded and killed a passenger. I'm onboard a Southwest 737 and guess what's right outside my window? It was the first fatal accident on a U.S. airline in 9 years and Southwest's first ever fatality, so I'm not worried.

70 empty seats!

This story was covered widely over here. I remember talking to a man who ran a company making engine fan blades. He would always try and fly with Rolls Royce engined planes if he could. He said they were much more likely to contain any catastrophic failure safely within the housing. He also said he knew of at least one manufacturer who's casing would allow a broken blade through like a knife through butter.

I'm on a pleasantly empty bus that's being driven by a very friendly woman. A sign says NO GAMBLING. WTF?

Are you sure it's not -

gam·bol

intr.v. gam·boled, gam·bol·ing, gam·bols or gam·bolled or gam·bol·ling
To leap about playfully; frolic.

n.
A playful skipping or frolicking about.

I suggest you keep your frolicking to a minimum to be on the safe side...

Quote: DaButt @ 19th April 2018, 10:23 AM

Shall be visited or Will be visited?

My daughter gets married in an outdoor ceremony in the mountains in 8 hours. It's snowing.

Quote: DaButt @ 21st April 2018, 4:16 PM

My daughter gets married in an outdoor ceremony in the mountains in 8 hours. It's snowing.

Congratulations DaButt and hope it's a great craic!

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 21st April 2018, 8:08 PM

Congratulations DaButt and hope it's a great craic!

It was a great ceremony and the dusting of snow made for beautiful photos. I ate a lot of good food and drank a lot of good beer with friends and family. Enjoying an airport beer before flying home.

Quote: DaButt @ 23rd April 2018, 8:35 PM

It was a great ceremony and the dusting of snow made for beautiful photos. I ate a lot of good food and drank a lot of good beer with friends and family. Enjoying an airport beer before flying home.

Glad to hear it and best of luck to your daughter and son in law for the future and hope they have a great honeymoon. I'm a bit of a blubberer at weddings and it's always during the vows. It's the whole "all that they have ahead of them and the hopes and dreams and ups and downs and blazing rows and making up and children and a new home and here come the waterworks" :D

Drinking beer by my neighbor's pool as the Billboard Top 100 singles from 1975 play. Currently playing is 10cc's I'm Not In Love. It's 89F/32C and sunny. The pool is almost warm enough to swim in. I grew up in South Florida, so I don't like to get in the water until it's 78F/26C. I'm a wimp.

Ben has a delightful coffee on the go, but sadly he has to start the dreaded hoovering afterwards.