Status report Page 5,514

Success!

We've had two new desks added in the office as we have some new starters...starting.

Previously we had two 'pods' of four but we now have one long pod of 10. This has resulted me in being moved away from the wall and being given a slightly smaller desk.

I had so much stuff around and under the desk before I had to spend TWO HOURS sorting through it this morning. Despite chucking multitudes of stuff I still have a desk full of crap. What's more I'm now looking directly into the bosses office.

I think I've been diddled.

You still have your own desk? How quaint. We have been hotdesking for years now. Being not the earliest starter I have to take a desk wherever I can get; sometimes it is not even in the same building...

Quote: Tursiops @ 23rd January 2014, 3:40 PM GMT

We have been hotdesking for years now.

Love the business jargon, all very glamorous and corporate. I'd like to imagine your work is very Mad Men, with everyone drinking cocktails at the end of the day - instead of putting on reflective vests and cycling home in the rain.

I imagine Tursiops's workplace to be like that depicted in Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

Quote: Tursiops @ 23rd January 2014, 3:40 PM GMT

You still have your own desk? How quaint. We have been hotdesking for years now. Being not the earliest starter I have to take a desk wherever I can get; sometimes it is not even in the same building...

From your earlier remarks, very hot desking I suspect.

Quote: Tuumble @ 23rd January 2014, 3:21 PM GMT

. What's more I'm now looking directly into the bosses orifice.

I think I've been diddled.

What is this Sodom and Gomorah or the orrifice.

Quote: reds @ 23rd January 2014, 12:48 PM GMT

Plane ticket purchased. Can't wait to escape. I got some news at work I didn't want today. Is meant to be a good thing and something that will be helpful, so had to act happy about it, but it's something that will frequently make things more difficult.

When you arrive, visit this website and then you can stay :)

https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance

Quote: Nogget @ 23rd January 2014, 3:59 PM GMT

I imagine Tursiops's workplace to be like that depicted in Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

That is somewhat closer to the truth.

But renegade is right, 'hotdesking' is just corporate jargon for not having enough desks.

I had to go to the hospital for blood tests last week

This Morn a letter arrived in the mail from the doctors saying I need to repeat all the tests again

Clearly this means im dying but they just want to make sure before telling me

Nice knowing you folks

Oh dear Lofty seems the illuminati finally caught up with you

Off to make spag. bol.

Don't wipe your willy on it.

What does that mean?!

It's my new catchphrase.