Status report Page 5,509

STATUS REPORT... Still living in a box wearing no pant's... END!

I've been out of my box for years, I blame housing benefit cuts

Just found my underpants. It's getting coldish. -17°C

Self-publicity alert! I've just heard the pre-broadcast publicity for my radio play. It's an exert of an interview I did with the community radio station who we recorded it with. Also a voice over with exerts of the play plus me again! Status = astonished. Also do I really speak like that! Eh?

Well done mate! Is there a link to this excerpt?

Quote: roscoff @ 19th January 2014, 9:17 AM GMT

Also do I really speak like that! Eh?

Yes, you do. You're a bloody Welshman, didn't you know? No, seriously, congrats Roscoff!

Quote: Nogget @ 19th January 2014, 9:32 AM GMT

Well done mate! Is there a link to this excerpt?

Yes :)

www.magicgyratory.com

*wonders what kind of odd conversation roscoff's mum and dad were having*

Quote: zooo @ 19th January 2014, 11:20 AM GMT

*wonders what kind of odd conversation roscoff's mum and dad were having*

:D Actually it was completely normal for them and for me when I used to live with them. However when I actually wrote down what they said and read it back to myself I realised this was definitely quite abstract. It features in the very first scene of the play (plus ad ons by myself) so you can here it if you dare then. I will post a link when podcast available.

Hurrah!

I've tried writing down real conversations too. It's unbelievable how many ums and ers and unfinished sentences people use.

Quote: roscoff @ 19th January 2014, 9:17 AM GMT

Also do I really speak like that! Eh?

Yes, boyo.

Quote: zooo @ 19th January 2014, 11:39 AM GMT

Hurrah!

I've tried writing down real conversations too. It's unbelievable how many ums and ers and unfinished sentences people use.

Celebs seem rather good at avoiding this. Although I imagine they go into interviews etc with memorised answers.

Quote: Ben @ 19th January 2014, 11:41 AM GMT

Yes, boyo.

Celebs seem rather good at avoiding this. Although I imagine they go into interviews etc with memorised answers.

I have never called anybody 'boyo' so there :P

As for celebs, they also get the chance to do retakes I suspect. Unlike us poor shmucks where one go is all you get :(

Hello Wave

Ben has been on call all weekend, but it's not been too bad. He doesn't have to go out to jobs, more just divert them to engineers. This results in a lot of sitting on the couch watching DVDs. Which isn't a bad life at times.

Quote: Ben @ 19th January 2014, 10:53 PM GMT

Ben has been on call all weekend, but it's not been too bad. He doesn't have to go out to jobs, more just divert them to engineers. This results in a lot of sitting on the couch watching DVDs. Which isn't a bad life at times.

I have visions of Ben standing outside a burning building staring at the flames, his managers arms round his shoulders.

"I think we'll put you in the office from now on, you can divert the engineers or something."