Status report Page 5,350

Quote: Tursiops @ October 13 2013, 9:07 PM BST

Possibly depends on your political persuasion; if Scotland leaves the Union we are stuck with the Tories in perpetuity.

Jesus. I hadn't thought of that! I think I might have to emigrate.

I would vote that Scotland had to stay with us! But really it would seem impolite to vote at all.

Scotland is not really a nation anyway, the Highlanders are emigre Micks and the Lowlanders more than usually incomprehensible Geordies. All that happened with the Act of Union was that Westminster took over Edinburgh's age old mission to persecute civilise the Gael.

What's the fuss, in the end there can only be one and he can vote

Quote: Tursiops @ October 13 2013, 9:07 PM BST

Possibly depends on your political persuasion; if Scotland leaves the Union we are stuck with the Tories in perpetuity.

Wales has very few Tory MP's down here. A couple around Cardiff and some of the rural farming areas. 8 altogether as opposed to 26 Labour. They don't even bother to stand in the former mining areas. The clue of course is the word 'former'.

I think I'm going ro watch Gravity tonight.

Quote: roscoff @ October 14 2013, 8:25 AM BST

Wales has very few Tory MP's down here. A couple around Cardiff and some of the rural farming areas. 8 altogether as opposed to 26 Labour. They don't even bother to stand in the former mining areas. The clue of course is the word 'former'.

Because the ceilings are low in the mines?

;) No 'High Expectations' then??...

Well, you may know that Scotland has only 1 Tory MP. The regular joke is that there are more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs.

and they're less likely to find a mate?

Laughing out loud

My bedside manner is being tested today as I have two sick kids on my hands. I can totally understand why my matron at school was so unsympathetic when whiny kids came to her proclaiming they were sick. Enforced bed-rest all round! They're sleeping like babies now.

....with the angels?

Quote: Harridan @ October 14 2013, 9:49 AM BST

I can totally understand why my matron at school

In the style of the Four Yorkshiremen sketch

You had a 'matron' at school? Thou't were lucky. We barely had teachers!

Teachers ya say? What were them? In our classroom we had two cleaners and a murderer and were grateful for it.

Classroom ya say? You were lucky. We were taught in't 'ole in't road by two blind badgers....

and so on :)

Quote: Harridan @ October 14 2013, 9:49 AM BST

Enforced bed-rest all round! They're sleeping like babies now.

Laudanum - it never fails.