Status report Page 4,870

Quote: zooo @ November 16 2012, 10:42 AM GMT

It has changed for the worse better that way recently. Maybe some of you haven't noticed, but it has.

Whistling nnocently

I know many of you find it boring whenever any of us bring up this kind of thing, but it's quite disheartening that there doesn't seem to be any effort made to see it from the perspective of the people complaining.

Quote: Harridan @ November 16 2012, 10:51 AM GMT

I know many of you find it boring whenever any of us bring up this kind of thing, but it's quite disheartening that there doesn't seem to be any effort made to see it from the perspective of the people complaining.

Fair comment, but I think your a voice in the wilderness I'm afraid. We fought against this kind of thing in the eighties, but I'm afraid its a hopeless cause, boys will be boys, and if anything I'd say it is now worse than it was in the eighties on every level.

Why can't everyone just get along and take their tops off?

Quote: Harridan @ November 16 2012, 10:51 AM GMT

I think perspective is the key word. If you're going to get offended by a throwaway comment about a bank tellers cleavage and start insulting people then that too is pretty disheartening.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 16 2012, 10:59 AM GMT

Not a good idea in my case, oh go on then, man boobs anyone?

Quote: Pingl @ November 16 2012, 10:57 AM GMT

Fair comment, but I think your a voice in the wilderness I'm afraid. We fought against this kind of thing in the eighties, but I'm afraid its a hopeless cause, boys will be boys, and if anything I'd say it is now worse than it was in the eighties on every level.

But that's my point, I've been here years and it's been fine, then in the past couple of months it's changed.

Just keep your violent sex fantasies and stories about spunking over everything in sight to yourselves now and again, and things'll be fine.

I wonder how funny you'd find that joke if you'd got used to people shouting that at you in the street.

It's like this forum is populated by teenage boys.

Quote: zooo @ November 16 2012, 11:01 AM GMT

But that's my point, I've been here years and it's been fine, then in the past couple of months it's changed.

Just keep your violent sex fantasies and stories about spunking over everything in sight to yourselves now and again, and things'll be fine.

I have to agree, as a man I find some of the comments expressed a little umm...troubling at times.

Quote: Harridan @ November 16 2012, 10:24 AM GMT

When did this place become a forum for sexually incontinent men? It seems every thread has posts about ogling women/masturbating/fantasising about women. And if it's not sexual discussion of women it's tedious stereotypical 'ironic' sexist jokes about women. It's like reading a Jeremy Clarkson fan forum.

Oi call us a bunch of wankers.

But lay off of England's uncrowned king!

nb completey agree with you (unless you're referring to reediting posts in a juvenile manner because they're brilliant and more people should do them, and they are hard to do and I liked to feel they are being done hard, I don't mind being done hard even if it's painful and humiliating and payment is required).

Quote: chipolata @ November 16 2012, 11:00 AM GMT

I think perspective is the key word. If you're going to get offended by a throwaway comment about a bank tellers cleavage and start insulting people then that too is pretty disheartening.

It's a cumulative thing. Your comment was just the most recent of dozens I've read on here in the last few days. On its own it's not that bad (it is sexist, though) but combined with every bloody other thread...

Quote: Pingl @ November 16 2012, 10:39 AM GMT

Sounds familiar

I'm sure Aaron would prefer not to have his inadequacies spread all over the internet!

Quote: Harridan @ November 16 2012, 11:04 AM GMT

It's a cumulative thing.

You said cum!

I'd like to say, I personally am not offended by 99% of the posts people make, there's just a few very extreme ones that cross the line (in my opinion). But when there's posts about sex and tits and how you would 'give her one' on EVERY single thread, even the TV show threads, it gets very tiring and boring. That's all.

A cumulative effect, if you will. The individual posts might not be offensive, but when they start adding up to hundreds. Meh.

*edit*

Ooh we both said cum.

Still working on the Saudi national anthem?

Quote: zooo @ November 16 2012, 11:07 AM GMT

I'd like to say, I personally am not offended by 99% of the posts people make, there's just a few very extreme ones that cross the line (in my opinion). But when there's posts about sex and tits and how you would 'give her one' on EVERY single thread, even the TV show threads, it gets very tiring and boring. That's all.

A cumulative effect, if you will. The individual posts might not be offensive, but when they start adding up to hundreds. Meh.

*edit*

Ooh we both said cum.

Yeah, what she said.

Also, balls.