Status report Page 4,694

Oh yes don't worry about the commas. That's a style thing- I've always done it as a conscious choice. I know that might make people screw their faces up but hey, that's how I roll.

Thanks for the other bits! I shall go change.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ July 25 2012, 3:16 PM BST

Nice "proofreader" gag... ??

No Teary

Quote: Lee @ July 24 2012, 3:53 PM BST

Laughing out loud How many weeks did you get in?

Two and a bit, I think. :D
I still did my run.

I was just jesting, I'm sure you can do it. I do recommend you take it easy on the cigarettes though, if not losing them altogether.

Good site Nat. Spelling: flexibility and self-deprecation.

Also, your bio has one line in the first-person (well I say new) that jars a bit.

Only other suggestion is whether you can lift some of the design examples higher up the page to actually show off your design skills to customers a bit more directly, though I'm viewing on a mobile and it might look different in real life. Good luck with it.

Quote: Booo @ July 25 2012, 3:30 PM BST

Two and a bit, I think. :D
I still did my run.

I was just jesting, I'm sure you can do it. I do recommend you take it easy on the cigarettes though, if not losing them altogether.

:D Thanks. I've cut down on smoking CIGARETTES.

Quote: Badge @ July 25 2012, 3:33 PM BST

Good site Nat. Spelling: flexibility and self-deprecation.

Also, your bio has one line in the first-person (well I say new) that jars a bit.

Only other suggestion is whether you can lift some of the design examples higher up the page to actually show off your design skills to customers a bit more directly, though I'm viewing on a mobile and it might look different in real life. Good luck with it.

Thanks- I didn't spot the first person on that page- I had changed the perspectives around a couple of times and have obviously missed one!

The gallery looks better on a PC, but it's not ideal. It's very restrictive. I'm going to look into getting a better and more flexible one shortly.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 25 2012, 2:11 PM BST

I've added a design page to my website- would anyone mind havign a gander and seeing if it looks okay?

www.natwicks.com/design

It's fab, Nat. :)
Just one question, is the n in Nat a capital n? The w in Wicks looks more of a capital. Sorry to be picky.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 25 2012, 3:52 PM BST

Thanks- I didn't spot the first person on that page- I had changed the perspectives around a couple of times and have obviously missed one!

Actually upon review, that like in the first person is correct (in terms of the intended purposes) assuming the blurb is written by 'the website' about me.

Quote: Booo @ July 25 2012, 3:52 PM BST

It's fab, Nat. :)
Just one question, is the n in Nat a capital n? The w in Wicks looks more of a capital. Sorry to be picky.

Yeah that's the capital- it's just the typeface I've used. The little letters are all smaller. I do get your point though.

Filled up the rest of the design spaces now with some original artwork, just to pad it out. I think there is one in there that Zooo would like in particuilar.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 25 2012, 2:11 PM BST

I've added a design page to my website- would anyone mind havign a gander and seeing if it looks okay?

www.natwicks.com/design

Nat! IMHO I think the site looks a wee bit amateurish. Especially when you have the page titles in the task bar for example "HOME - Nat Wicks". Also, you are trying to sell design work, so show of your designs. The way you have used Polaroid style photos gives it away as well.

I like the simple design but I don't like the font. A sketchy background with bold computerized text looks out of place.

Your BIO page should be your home page. The current HOME page others nothing. Most sites these days put everything on their HOME page, with the options of further details on other pages.

You need a shorter bio (one paragraph), and for anyone who is interested, a longer version for the nosy buggers.

Hope I'm not being too harsh!

Quote: Lee @ July 25 2012, 3:48 PM BST

:D Thanks. I've cut down on smoking CIGARETTES.

Yes, you can probably carry on smoking the other stuff (but not beforehand). ;)

Your feedback wasn't but your tone certainly was Teary

And it IS amateur! I'm not a website builder and don't claim on my site to be!

Quote: Booo @ July 25 2012, 4:00 PM BST

Yes, you can probably carry on smoking the other stuff (but not beforehand). ;)

Haha! I had to drag my arse out of bed sober. I wouldn't get very far lame.

Ha, I was actually just thinking I really liked the look of it and that it looked rather professional!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 25 2012, 3:55 PM BST

Filled up the rest of the design spaces now with some original artwork, just to pad it out. I think there is one in there that Zooo would like in particuilar.

Oooooh. *rubs legs*

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 25 2012, 4:01 PM BST

Your feedback wasn't but your tone certainly was Teary

And it IS amateur! I'm not a website builder and don't claim on my site to be!

Sorry. Why not create the design in Photoshop (or whatever you use) and just have a poster as your home page? Filled with funky text, photographs and design work.

Quote: Lee @ July 25 2012, 4:03 PM BST

Haha! I had to drag my arse out of bed sober. I wouldn't get very far lame.

I just have no get up and go. I'll do the race again next year but probably won't train a lot, I hate physical pain.

Quote: Lee @ July 25 2012, 3:58 PM BST

Especially when you have the page titles in the task bar for example "HOME - Nat Wicks".

This bit isn't out of choice- I can't see a way of removing that- I'm using Moonfruit because it's WYSIWYG or nothing for me in terms of building websites. As far as I can tell it automatically shows the page title and you can't get rid of that.

Quote: Lee @ July 25 2012, 4:04 PM BST

Sorry. Why not create the design in Photoshop (or whatever you use) and just have a poster as your home page? Filled with funky text, photographs and design work.

Because the design work isn't the point of the website. That's just an aside for pocket money. The site only really exists so I have something that looks semi legit when I'm touting for comedy business.