Status report Page 4,340

Do you have to hand it in to the State, or anybody, and then get some money for it? I think that's what would happen here. It may be worth a fortune.

Is drinking creme de menthe and watching a show of acts from various past Melbourne comedy festival galas. Not bad for a Monday night.

Quote: keewik @ March 5 2012, 10:52 AM GMT

Do you have to hand it in to the State, or anybody, and then get some money for it? I think that's what would happen here. It may be worth a fortune.

No, there are millions and millions of relics sitting in American households. There's nothing noteworthy about this particular piece.

Currently enjoying the silence of a powercut... thank f**k I'm about to go to work. Although it's a nice day out. Oh, Mondays!

Quote: DaButt @ March 5 2012, 1:14 AM GMT

Earlier today I was sitting on a neighbor's front porch (and drinking beer, of course) when I discovered an artifact in the landscaping stones near the sidewalk. It's a nice, hand chipped scraper that was fashioned by a native American hundreds or thousands of years ago. I love finding stuff like that.

When did the Native American Stone Age finish? 1492 ish?

Chip's on a train listening to a girl telling another girl about her bipolar anorexic suicidal aunt. It's quite entertaining and he's started taking notes. Geek

Cat eventually ventured out from under the bed and is so terrified she's shaking. She's gone back into hiding now. I feel like a horrible human being. Poor cat.

In other non-news, face is not as badly bruised as originally seemed so now just look like have very blotchy skin, which isn't entirely preferable.

Freezer is still defrosting.

Quote: AJGO @ March 5 2012, 5:24 PM GMT

Cat eventually ventured out from under the bed and is so terrified she's shaking. She's gone back into hiding now. I feel like a horrible human being. Poor cat.

Awww. Well, it's not like you had a choice! She'll be alright soon.

I tried to think of everything I could to make her feel comfortable and safe, but it didn't occur to me that what with living high up, on an estate, she's never experienced cars driving by before. She is very unhappy, as am I :( Dunno what I can do about cars really..

Not a lot, unless you lay one of those spike strip thingies at the end of the road?
I'm sure she'll adapt in the end though. Just be extra nice until then.

Sounds like your anthropromorphising

Cat'll adjust

And isn't there like a cat prozac airfreshner you can buy?

Quote: sootyj @ March 5 2012, 5:44 PM GMT

Sounds like your anthropromorphising

She's shaking and hiding and refusing to eat, don't think the deduction is too large a leap.

I know she'll get used to it, just feel horrible. Especially thinking about putting her through it again in a couple of months..

Quote: billwill @ March 5 2012, 3:01 PM GMT

When did the Native American Stone Age finish? 1492 ish?

Yeah, I suppose that was the beginning of the end. European knives, axes and arrowheads gradually replaced their stone counterparts but the natives still used stones for things like grinding.

My Mum's answering machine says 'thank you for calling' once the caller has hung up. I find this very endearing :D

Don't you just hate it when you strip your bed and run out of energy before you've put on your new sheets. *sigh* (first world problems)