The Armstrong & Miller Show Page 8

Quote: Cinnamon @ November 4, 2007, 8:33 PM

He's not saying that the show should be banned, and he's not written vitriolic letters to the BBC or waved flags of any nature. He voiced an opinion. The main problem with political correctness in comedy is that it lets talentless fools like Jim Davidson get away with looking 'subversive'.

I'm with ya, spicey. :)
I was just joking in response to that ~

Quote: ajp29 @ November 4, 2007, 5:52 PM

Laughing out loud I'm glad my comments carry so much weight.

Quote: Aaron @ November 4, 2007, 7:05 PM

but Adam, I really think you're off your f**king trolley with this one.

Laughing out loud I have to admit in hindsight that... I was right Mwahahahahahahaahhahaha. But yes maybe I should have not used a buzzword. Next time i'll stick to safer words like Rape and Facist Islam ;)

Anyway should still point out, after having sidetracked this whole thread, that I thought it was a good show with a hight hit rate for me.

I liked the doll sketch, by the way.

Brilliant. Loved it. Mr BBC, if you're reading this, commission more. Now.

"Armstrong & Miller: How to stretch out 6 sketches for 6 weeks"

:D

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 9, 2007, 10:11 PM

Still enjoying Peter Serafinowicz then?
:)

Quote: Badge @ November 9, 2007, 10:15 PM

Not as much as I was in the first three episodes no.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 9, 2007, 10:11 PM

Personally, I couldn't give a shit if they've stretched out 15, 2, 5654, or just the one - as long as it's funny. :)

Quote: Badge @ November 9, 2007, 10:15 PM

Laughing out loud

I thought generally it was good. A better hit rate than some of the others.

Quote: Aaron @ November 9, 2007, 10:17 PM

Personally, I couldn't give a shit if they've stretched out 15, 2, 5654, or just the one - as long as it's funny. :)

You really think it's funny every week though? The dentist talking about something disgusting while dealing with a patient? Or the pilots speaking chav? Or Pride & Prejudice style dancing? Or two singers singing crude songs? Or 'Be A Teacher'?

It's just the same joke over and over again and it depresses me because you can tell there's no passion gone into making this show, it's just a quick money making machine.

Its pretty good. Yes, there are some repeated sketches and they don't always hit the mark, but the decent stuff outweighs the bad. Just hope it doesn't fall away in the next few weeks.

Well, I've not really thought of it in that passion/money way, but I think I'd probably disagree with you there.

The dentist I wasn't overly amused by to begin with. The pilots I actually rather enjoy, although the one tonight I thought was a bit weaker. The singers I've somehow managed to pretty much completely miss every time they've been on, so I can't comment. Be a teacher isn't particularly good though, and never was. Dancing, again, I was never a huge fan of either.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that whilst it is, like any other sketch show, a little hit and miss, on the whole I have been finding it far funnier than any other sketch show in quite a while.

(Yeah, kinda what Jay said.)

Quote: Aaron @ November 9, 2007, 10:45 PM

Well, I've not really thought of it in that passion/money way, but I think I'd probably disagree with you there.

The dentist I wasn't overly amused by to begin with. The pilots I actually rather enjoy, although the one tonight I thought was a bit weaker. The singers I've somehow managed to pretty much completely miss every time they've been on, so I can't comment. Be a teacher isn't particularly good though, and never was. Dancing, again, I was never a huge fan of either.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that whilst it is, like any other sketch show, a little hit and miss, on the whole I have been finding it far funnier than any other sketch show in quite a while.

Tend to agree with that too, and to an extent with Martin. Some of the repeated stuff, like the pilots, dentist and dancing doesn't always do it for me. I generally find the one-off material better, like the half price pots for example. Perhaps by the last episode I may feel differently if the same stuff is cropping up, which I fear it will.

In short. Better than Serafinovicz, not as good as Mitchell & Webb (that's opened up a can of worms now!), f**king streets ahead of Tittybangbang, Adam and Shelley, etc, but that's no big surprise.

See, the half price pots I thought was poo. Ditto the affair stuff.

i chuckled a couple of times but didn't laugh out loud once, which isn't good enough for me personally. However, having tried to write a few sketches myself i know how f**king hard it is so i think i'll give them a break.

At least their not adam and shelley.