The Armstrong & Miller Show

Went to the recording tonight for the first episode (I think) of Ben Miller and Alexander Armstrong's new series. I'm not hugely familiar with the previous series' they did, but thought that it was pretty good. A bit hit and miss in places (what isn't these days?), but some of it was very good, so yeah, not bad on the whole. I fear it'll be filed instantly away with other recent shows for being repetitive, but I'll certainly give it a good go.

It'll be on BBC One in the Autumn.

The old shows were pretty good from what I remember, so Im looking forward to this.

Hurray. I love their old stuff too.

Have they, per chance, brought back the naked characters in the episode you saw?

I do hope so.

From what I understand Zooo, this is supposed to be a completely new and fresh show, so Id be surprised if they try and bring back any of the old characters form the Channel four series.

Damn it.

No, no "naked" characters as such. And as Matthew points out, this is a completely new show; Hat Trick (the production company) are billing it specifically as 'series one'.

These two have gone on since their Channel 4 series and proved quite likeable, to me anyway.

I was not a fan of their sketch show though and found many of the sketches pointless.

I hope they bring back Chuffy! One sketch I remember from their show was the Glengarry Glenn Ross spoof featuring research scientists instead of real estate salesmen, when the character originally played by Alec Baldwin attempts to motivate them by with threats and abuse.

'Second Prize is a set of steak knives.'

Oh, Chuffy was the best!

Armstrong and Miller video diary...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCJ03PcW0f8

Looks good! Really looking forward to this. Oh, and the clip showing the surgeon characters from the new Harry Enfield show was really funny too I thought, so maybe that wont turn out to be as rubbish as I was fearing!

Friday 26th October 2007. 9:30pm. BBC One.

Not Going Out one week, grapes 'n shit the next. :)

Can't wait. :)

Yeah, I was a big fan of the "Chuffy" sketch as well. I think Alexander Armstrong is a massive talent.

Did we ever see Sarah Alexander's nudity in the old shows? My memory as a 10 year old boy, seems to recall we did.

:D

I believe so, yes.