The Armstrong & Miller Show Page 12

I still think it's pretty fresh. Like you say, figher pilots were great, as was the cheating with best friend wife and the guys at the piano. The psycho football owner was pretty good this week as well - I'm warming to that.

yeah i liked the fighter pilots, with the young german in the background lol!

Didn't like the fighter pilots initially, but they have grown on me throughout the series.

Missed a couple of episodes but tuned in last night. Some really good material as I've missed shows I don't know how often characters are repeated but the SatNav was good, taxi driver was predictable but very well written, the pilots are just brilliant, not sure about the pharmacist sketches though. They are both terrific actors and very likeable.

Gave it another go the other night but it's so lame. Couldn't they give the SatNav guy another direction to go in? He's been going in the same direction all series with a voiceover thrown on top. Very amateurish.

And the guy who's having it off with his mate's wife. Is that still going Rolling eyes It could have been great had they done it two/three times out of six. But no, have to show every single week. Can't believe the divorced dad is still there with the lad still doing the same open mouthed expression for Christ's sake. If you're going to do a sketch, at least attempt to do it well. Then there's the football manager Huh? , the teacher thing has been done to death. They even overdid the chemists which wasn't great to start with.

Didn't understand the cafe joke at all. Obviously one of the writers had a problem once and just had to get it down on paper. The political one was a good joke but it was a long time coming for just one joke and I thought it ended up a bit clunky.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I actually still like quite a few of the running gags as they are still funny but I agree that the football manager has dragged on for too long.

I think it's the best sketch show we've seen for quite a while. Many more hits than duds each week.

Quote: Mannikin Bird @ December 1, 2007, 8:01 PM

as I've missed shows I don't know how often characters are repeated

There's some repeats, but others are new sketches (e.g. the mobile phone ones and the pharmacist sketches)

Incidently, if you did want to catch up on previous episodes, at the time of writing, they can be found on Stage6.com (which is like YouTube but with better quality full-length videos).

Yep for my four penneth I agree with Mark. Miles better than anything else at the moment until the beeb give me my own sketch show series of course. :P

"I'm up in a plane and shit."

I watched the first episode and thought it was pretty good. Then the second episode suffered from a bit of repetition, so I didn't bother watching it again until tonight. I thought it was a bit hit and miss. I don't think they've scaled the heights they did on Channel 4, but there usually seems to be a couple of treats in each show.

The pilot was better tonight due to change of setting and I thought the sketch with the designer was a very good one. Apart from that, it was same old, same old. They've even got the PM sketch (which I only saw last week) repeating itself. There's much more to comedy than repitition.

Why not have a sketch in episodes 1, 3 and 6 and 2,4 and 5, instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6.

Quote: David H @ December 8, 2007, 9:51 AM

Why not have a sketch in episodes 1, 3 and 6 and 2,4 and 5, instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6.

Money.

I agree that sometimes there is too much repetition but that's pretty much a certainty with this type of show. On the whole though, I think the success rate is still good and I hope it returns for another series.