The Armstrong & Miller Show Page 9

I could actually watch the chavvy pilots all day.

I brought you some grapes and shit.

Hee.

I just giggled like a little girl.

Keep it up!

Good again, not as funny as the first two episodes, but still very enjoyable.

How many more of the father/son do we have to endure?

Is it me or do sketch shows wear thin quicker than ever now? Maybe because there are so many about but I'm getting pretty tired of them after two episodes to be honest. I thought the best sketch by a mile tonight was the weatherman, probably because it was brand new. Though I didn't think it was that funny, just good acting by Miller.

The SatNav was done brilliantly......on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue. This was a poor imitation.

As an aside, in the opening sequence, doesn't Ben Miller look really old when they switch to a blue screen?

The title sequence looks really rather odd full stop.

Random.

Hee.

Quote: David H @ November 10, 2007, 12:31 AM

Is it me or do sketch shows wear thin quicker than ever now?

Well I guess any sketch show nowadays has to repeat characters and settings for financial reasons. Something like The Two Ronnies probably had a much bigger budget so that wasn't as much of a problem.

I would say though that every sketch show in history has probably had a very mixed success rate. People only remember the classic sketches from The Two Ronnies but they forget that there were plenty that missed the mark as well.

The reason why A&M works for me is that the ideas stand up to repetition. Even if the jokes are essentially the same from week to week, I think there are just enough variations to allow them to remain funny.

Quote: Nick @ November 10, 2007, 9:49 AM

Well I guess any sketch show nowadays has to repeat characters and settings for financial reasons. Something like The Two Ronnies probably had a much bigger budget so that wasn't as much of a problem.

This would actually be a very interesting topic to explore. Don't suppose anyone has the relevant figures...?

More to the point, however, there wasn't quite the same platform for other bitter, unsuccessful writers and spoilsports to whine about low production values and ... Oh wait, nevermind. :)

"I clip his wing, and he started falling and I heard him shouting, 'Oh my god. I'm going to die!'"

"That's like so random."

I'm wearing my wife's knickers.

Every time he says that, I'm never expecting it.
Bravo Ben.
(Or I'm just thick.)

But about the severed hand sketch. Really was laugh out loud stuff.

It made me feel a bit too sick to enjoy it!

I thought that LM was a bit more convincing in that one than Ben, but still very funny, yes.

And no Laura, I don't expect it either. :)