Geoffrey Perkins RIP Page 2

Damn. :(

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 30 2008, 12:10 AM BST

It is actually quite strange how a comedy legend has died today, because last night, for some strange reason, I dreamt that another comedy legend, Frankie Boyle, died of a heart attack.

Erm, good he may be, but I really don't think that "legend" even nearly applies to Frankie Boyle yet.

Personally, I think he is the funniest comedian around at the minute. I think he has just got into the legends club.

f**k...

Sad news indeed. Another great man in the world of comedy goes, especially seeing as he was the man who produced the original H2G2.

RIP, and DON'T PANIC!

He worked on The Fast Show AND Big Train!!! He obviously knew a thing or two.

Too young to to go, but that's the fickleness of life unfortunately.

jdubya said it.

One of the few tapes I have that I show time and time again was his producing of Sir Harry Norbert A Life.

It's all just wrong.

Friend of mine texted me with this news on Friday night. Don't know if I'd have found this out otherwise, only thing I saw on the news was a tiny, tiny bit on local news. Shitty, awful death.

I have very fond memories of Geoffrey Perkins playing Mike Flex on Radio Active. He was actually a very fine comedy performer, and gelled well with Angus Deayton and the gang. He also did the interpretation/voiceover for a foreign priest in Father Ted. A sad loss.

(Also, why has Marc P got a picture of Simon Mayo for his avatar?)

All very sad. Very talented and influential guy and, having spoken to someone who knew him, a very lovely guy personally.

RIP.

Listened to 'Last Word' on Radio 4 yesterday, and they were paying tribute to Geoffrey Perkins. Didn't know he was in the same class at school as Michael Portillo and Clive Anderson! I just can't imagine the three of them together as 7 year olds.

This is very sad indeed. He was involved in more great comedy than you could shake a stick at. He will be sadly missed.

If anyone's interested, Radio 4 will be airing a tribute to him tomorrow evening at 8pm under the 'Archive Hour' strand, presented by Angus Deayton.

Quote: Amanda Prefect @ October 3 2008, 10:22 PM BST

If anyone's interested, Radio 4 will be airing a tribute to him tomorrow evening at 8pm under the 'Archive Hour' strand, presented by Angus Deayton.

I'll definitely be tuning in - it's been a while since I've heard any Radio Active!

Deayton has also written a piece for the BBC Website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7650598.stm

There's a special Comedy Connections episode in tribute to Geoffrey Perkins on BBC2 tomorrow night, followed by a few programmes he worked. (Features a scheduling of Father Ted on BBC2 which feels a bit weird!)

Dan

Weird to say the least!

The Catherine Tate Show
Father Ted
The Fast Show