Long-running radio sketch show featuring Angus Deayton, Geoffrey Perkins, Michael Fenton Stevens and Helen Atkinson-Wood
- Sketch Show
- 1980 - 2016
- BBC Radio 4
- 51 (1 pilot + 7 series), plus 4 other episodes
- Angus Deayton, Geoffrey Perkins, Michael Fenton Stevens, Helen Atkinson-Wood and Philip Pope
- Angus Deayton, Geoffrey Perkins and Richard Curtis
- Jimmy Mulville and David Tyler
Radio Active is "Britain's first national local radio station". With presenters including Mike Stand, Mike Channel, Anna Dapter and Mike Flex, the station broadcast music from acts such as The Hee Bee Gee Bees, as well as its own original programming with shows like Round Your Parts, Gigantaquiz and Stop That Crime UK.
Radio Active aired throughout most of the 1980s, with the fictional radio station eventually becoming the fictional satellite TV channel KYTV. Radio Active has since been revived both on radio and the stage.
- Production companies
- Also known as
- The Oxford Revue Presents Radio Active (Pilot)
- Music by Philip Pope.
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 8th September 1981 on BBC Radio 4 at 12:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 22nd September 2016 on BBC Radio 4 at 6:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Monday 7th September 2020 at 11:30pm on Radio 4 Extra