Geoffrey Perkins RIP

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7589102.stm

This man has been involved in a lot of good stuff.

Sad news.

Woah. Contributed to alot of good stuff. I remember him from KYTV.

RIP.

He was the inventor of Mornington Crescent!

Sad news indeed.

This is really sad news :(

RIP Geoffrey, and thank you for everything.

No way!

He's worked on practically everything going.

:(

This is sorry news.

Not only did Geoffrey have a distinguished back catalogue of comedy - he has recently been helping ITV with their comedy turnaround. Benidorm is now without a producer :( (we published an interview with him last year, which is now here)

:( Too young.

He's the bloke who banished Smashy and Nicey to Radio Quiet!

Very sad news. Geoffery RIP.

This is gobsmackingly bad news. Only yesterday I was looking through the Radio Times and felt a warm reassurance seeing his name on the credits of the new series of "Harry and Paul". For years, I've used the name Geoffrey Perkins as a handy guarantee of comedy that would be worth watching - and even when he was involved with something that I didn't like that much it tended to be a success with the general public anyway. As a performer he was at least the equal of Angus Deayton (and that's not knocking Deayton), and I always thought it a shame that he was seldom in front of the camera in later years. Can I start the campaign to have a "Geoffrey Perkins Night" on BBC2 as a posthumous "thank you?"

I can't believe it; this is so sad. He was responsible for so many great shows; and I loved him on KYTV and in Radioactive. RIP indeed.

That's terrible news. He had a great, droll voice. Remember the simultaneous translation of the Cuban priest on Father Ted (in The Passion Of St Tibulus)? That was him.

Very sad news.

It's brilliant that he could be involved in and generated so much great stuff that will be around for a long time. RIP.

God look after him. He has certainly been an unsung hero for some superb work. He brought laughter to many peoples' lives. Though not yet confirmed, it is believed he was run over by a lorry. Bloody road accidents. God Bless Geoffery.

It is actually quite strange how a comedy legend has died today, because last night, for some strange reason, I dreamt that another comedy legend, Frankie Boyle, died of a heart attack.