What should be remade? Page 5

Quote: sootyj @ August 27 2008, 4:24 PM BST

Biggles and Dan Dare as TV shows,

in fact the Conservative Party could do Dan Dare really well.

Cameron as Dare, Bozzer as Digby and Hague as the Mekon.

They've tried to do Dan Dare twice.

The first time in the 70s with Rodney Bewes as Digby and, originally, John Cleese as the Mekon (he would have been shrunk down and Chromakeyed into the scenes).

The second time was in the early 90s, with Robert Bathurst off Joking Apart and Cold Feet as Dan himself.

Quote: Marc P @ August 28 2008, 12:05 PM BST

Well I made the calls and the show I was talking about was 'Catweazle'.. written about forty years ago. And the show is in the early stages of being re-invented with the original writer writing it again. He also created Robin of Sherwood amongst other things. Bit of a legend in my book damn him!

:)

I was surprised to see it only ran for two seasons. I thought it ran for absolutely ages. If you fancy remaking anything, Marc, try Worzel Gummage. That's surely due for a re-imagining.

Casanova '73 would make for a good update.

Quote: chipolata @ August 26 2008, 12:21 PM BST

With news that the Beeb are intending to remake The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, with Martin Clunes in the title role, I wonder what people think would work remade? For starters, I think it's crackers to remake a classic like Reginald Perrin, as there's no way it will match up to the brilliance of the original.

Is that true? If so, I agree with you. They should leave it well alone because it's a classic. I mean, they didn't make a very good job of it, even when most of the original cast were involved!

If they're desperate to do something by David Nobbs they should have a crack at one of his other comic novels. Failing that, I have a feeling he did a radio adaptation of Jonathan Coe's mighty What A Carve Up! And that's something I'd love to see transferred to telly.

Quote: chipolata @ August 28 2008, 12:13 PM BST

I was surprised to see it only ran for two seasons. I thought it ran for absolutely ages. If you fancy remaking anything, Marc, try Worzel Gummage. That's surely due for a re-imagining.

You surely are right. Just in from Broadcast.

'Spooks and ghouls and freaks and fools have joined RDF, which is preparing BBC children's classic RentaGhost for a 21st century makeover.
The indie has also picked up the rights to adapt ITV children's show Worzel Gummidge.'

Oh, my god! Chipolata can see into the futrue. :S

Quote: Marc P @ September 8 2008, 2:23 PM BST

'The indie has also picked up the rights to adapt ITV children's show Worzel Gummidge.'

:O Now this I can't wait to see!