What should be remade? Page 4

Hey the Tomorrow People was well gay especially the notorious slavery/S&M episode.

I always thought Centurions were a bit effeminate.

MTC?

Quote: Aaron @ August 27 2008, 1:50 PM BST

I told him to f**k off.

I suspect, however, that he may have returned under a more reasonable alias.

LOL

What did he do?

Quote: Marc P @ August 27 2008, 1:51 PM BST

LOL

What did he do?

Refused to adhere to a number of direct requests - and eventually orders.

I always thought MTC was PhoenixQ (?). They seem to share certain attributes.

Quote: Aaron @ August 27 2008, 1:53 PM BST

Refused to adhere to a number of direct requests - and eventually orders.

I have the same problem with my girlfriend.

Back on topic, I'd like to see Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy remade as another TV series. Thgat way it could pave the way for new versions of the follow up books.

:)

Recently heard an audio remake of Blake's 7. That was pretty boring/pointless. Due to be remade on telly for Sky One. And Survivors for BBC. And Prisoner for ITV.

Is this just because of Doctor Who being so successful, I wonder? Can we expect little Survivor dolls turning up in Forbidden Planet in a few months? A wholly exploitative, fiercely padded out tie-in magazine? Probably. Ker-ching!

Don't think sit-coms really have the necessary lure of the franchise to be constantly remade/imagined in this way.

Quote: Griff @ August 27 2008, 2:01 PM BST

The Dirk Gently stories would make pretty good TV.

The Dirk Gently novels barely made good fiction!

Quote: Griff @ August 27 2008, 2:03 PM BST

Marc are you adapting Dirk Gently too? How many projects have you got on the go, or are you outsourcing most of it to third world sweatshops?

Me no. Very little projects on the go. Paid ones anyway lol. Actually I made the mistake that I fell into the other way round often with the ' Gently ' bit and thought you were making a humorous reference to the recent George Gently show with Martin Shaw in a radical new performance.

Nothing should be remade.

Quote: chipolata @ August 27 2008, 1:59 PM BST

Back on topic, I'd like to see Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy remade as another TV series. Thgat way it could pave the way for new versions of the follow up books.

That is not such a bad idea. It might also erase the memory of the film.

Biggles and Dan Dare as TV shows,

in fact the Conservative Party could do Dan Dare really well.

Cameron as Dare, Bozzer as Digby and Hague as the Mekon.

Quote: chipolata @ August 27 2008, 1:55 PM BST

I always thought MTC was PhoenixQ (?). They seem to share certain attributes.

Really?! They're nothing alike that I can see!

Quote: Timbo @ August 27 2008, 4:20 PM BST

That is not such a bad idea. It might also erase the memory of the film.

The less the film is mentioned, the better. Thanks. :)

Well I made the calls and the show I was talking about was 'Catweazle'.. written about forty years ago. And the show is in the early stages of being re-invented with the original writer writing it again. He also created Robin of Sherwood amongst other things. Bit of a legend in my book damn him!

:)