The Cup Page 5

This is certainly not a very memorable show, I can't even remember much about last nights episode, but I did enjoy watching it. Didn't think it was as good as episode 1 though. Unlike many people on here I actually like Steve Edge, I liked his performances in Phoenix Nights and Peep Show (even though he was playing an incredibly loathsome character) and I like him in this. Thought the ending to last nights episode was pretty weak though.

Quote: chipolata @ August 21 2008, 2:07 PM BST

Is the Canadian original any good?

I wondered that too so I rented it. Pretty funny fare from the Canucks. The dad in "The Tournament" is absolutely hilarious as is the funeral director's wife (she's played as quite butch).

It's about youth ice hockey, of course, being Canadian.

Yesterday's episode of The Cup was felchingly brilliant.

This has recieved a bit of a critical pasting. Anybody know what the viewing figures are like?

This is so shit, I don't know what to do. I'm really quite upset.

I must admit that I quite enjoy this show, though it's nowhere near as funny as the trailer for it suggested it would be.

However, I think last night's show was a low point because of the homophobia shown by the two dads when they thought their kids had a gay coach.

I know that they (the dads) are the main butt of the jokes, but this made them appear just plain nasty as opposed to being sad and a bit pathetic.

I only watched a whole epsiode cos the coach is sexy. But even that's not enough to make me watch another.

Is he putting on that accent, by the way...?

I thought it was ok although, strangely, I got less interested in the series as it went on

Quote: zooo @ September 19 2008, 3:16 PM BST

Is he putting on that accent, by the way...?

The actor is actually French, so hard to tell.