The Olympics Page 69

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2012, 12:33 PM BST

As evidenced by the two girls who just said they didn't like it!

Yes, you and Nat Wicks are really a typical representation of women in general. That is why there are no horse riding schools.

Full of boys AND girls riding horses.
I know you only look at the girls when you loiter outside staring at be-jodhpured legs, but there *are* boys there too. ;)

God, jodhpurs is a weirdly spelled word...

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2012, 12:44 PM BST

God, jodhpurs is a weirdly spelled word...

It's of Indian origin I believe, hence the spelling.

And horse riding is predominantly a girl thing. Just as there are girls and women who play football, it is predominantly a bloke thing.

But the subjugation of dumb animals seems to be acceptable when girls like it, remember it's called 'My' Little Pony, not 'Free' Little Pony. So spare me any boo-hoos you lot have about 'War Horse'.

Er, yes dear, okay.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 31 2012, 12:32 PM BST

It's a very dangerous sport for both horse and rider, with quite a few fatalities, luckily mostly on the horsey side.

Why people insist on riding horses at all in this day and age is beyond me. But as girls like it, all the animal cruelty stuff is swept under the carpet.

I don't know.
Our ponies have a better life than I do.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 31 2012, 12:51 PM BST

It's of Indian origin I believe, hence the spelling.

And horse riding is predominantly a girl thing. Just as there are girls and women who play football, it is predominantly a bloke thing.

But the subjugation of dumb animals seems to be acceptable when girls like it, remember it's called 'My' Little Pony, not 'Free' Little Pony. So spare me any boo-hoos you lot have about 'War Horse'.

I'm not comfortable with any animal sports. It hasn't got the same sort of abuse culture as horse and dog racing though. Still pretty nasty.

Also, how shit is judo? Very shit.

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2012, 12:44 PM BST

Full of boys AND girls riding horses.
I know you only look at the girls when you loiter outside staring at be-jodhpured legs, but there *are* boys there too. ;)

My youngest girl has started riding over the past few weeks. So far I've only seen one boy learning, although clearly a lot of men also ride, so presumably a lot of the girls give it up.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 31 2012, 1:10 PM BST

I'm not comfortable with any animal sports. It hasn't got the same sort of abuse culture as horse and dog racing though. Still pretty nasty.

Also, how shit is judo? Very shit.

Yes, horse judo is cruel.

Yeah Judo is rubbish. Just want them to punch each other and get it over with.
Instead, they just pull at each others' shirts. Woo.

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2012, 1:19 PM BST

Yeah Judo is rubbish. Just want them to punch each other and get it over with.

Why do they wear those big coats that seem completely ill-suited to the sport? They flap open straight away and they spend half the time trying to close them up again.

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2012, 1:19 PM BST

That's my kind of fight! No nasty injuries, just minor stitching damage.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 31 2012, 1:10 PM BST

The horror! The HORROR!

Quote: Lazzard @ July 31 2012, 1:41 PM BST

The horror! The HORROR!

Laughing out loud

'I love you.'

'I want to roam the fields free without a chain on my face or a human load on my back'

'Don't be so silly Buttercup, you silly pony'

RC is The Horse Whisperer!

Quote: chipolata @ July 31 2012, 1:25 PM BST

That's my kind of fight! No nasty injuries, just minor stitching damage.

I broke my foot during a Judo contest when I was about 20.

Owww. I went to one lesson when I was a kid, got thrown (and winded) by a small boy, and never went back.