The Olympics Page 64

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 29 2012, 1:15 PM BST

I did the same, and yes it was one of the best Bond boat chases ever

It would have been, if you could actually see what was going on. But like every other action sequence in Solace, they ruin it completely with too many close-ups and too much hyper-editing.

I love the Bourne movies, but too many other films have tried to imitate their breathless action set-pieces and failed miserably. Quantum of Solace is one of the worst offenders.

Quote: Lee @ July 29 2012, 1:15 PM BST

I'm one of those sad Freeviwers like R.C. :(

I'm a freeviwer, and I've seen quite a spread.

Quote: Lazzard @ July 29 2012, 1:19 PM BST

Pardon?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 29 2012, 1:21 PM BST

Oh I didn't see that bit because I was watching James Bond ITV. Unimpressed

Do you watch the news programmes, because it was all that was talked about.

Just watched dressage, what a strange event.

Quote: sootyj @ July 29 2012, 1:33 PM BST

Just watched dressage, what a strange event.

Is that the equine Strictly thing? I'm pretty sure 'who has the best dancing horse?' is incredibly important to Olympic heritage.

Okay so they rightly had Bond in it. But did they have fish and chips, routemaster buses, tea, Spitfires and roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 29 2012, 1:36 PM BST

Is that the equine Strictly thing? I'm pretty sure 'who has the best dancing horse?' is incredibly important to Olympic heritage.

It just kinda walked slowly in a square.

Judo was fun. But its pretty boring compared to cage fighting.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 29 2012, 1:36 PM BST

But did they have fish and chips, routemaster buses, tea, Spitfires and roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?

No, but they also never had slavery, Cromwell, concentration camps, Clive of India, Cecil Rhodes, the Sinclair C5 or McKains Micro Chips.

Worst of all, they built a massive Teletubbies set and not one of them showed up, not even the vacuum cleaner.

Quote: chipolata @ July 29 2012, 1:20 PM BST

But like every other action sequence in Solace, they ruin it completely with too many close-ups and too much hyper-editing.

Too many movies these days are guilty of this.

It's one of the reason I prefer Bruce Lee to say Jet Li. The former would have a wide shot of the scene and you would be able to see everything. Where the latter just has close-ups of random fists flying about. There is no pacing anymore.

They should have had a Python in it.

Aw, I like Jet Li. But Jackie Chan is even better.

Quote: zooo @ July 29 2012, 2:49 PM BST

Aw, I like Jet Li. But Jackie Chan is even better.

That.

Wow, the entire gymnastics stadium is bright pink. Nice.

You can watch pretty much everything on the BBC Sport website, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/