The Olympics Page 68

Aww. The judges are all rubbish today!

Ah Team GB, you truly are living in the Bronze Age.

Food and water supplies are being increased at Olympic venues after long queues and supply shortages during the opening days, organisers have said.

Football fans said food ran out at Wembley Stadium on Sunday and there were long queues for water fountains at Greenwich Park in London.

Locog "reacted overnight" to problems at several venues, their director of sport Debbie Jeavans said.

"There'll be mobile units moving around selling things like water," she added.

"We are aware of things and have reacted to it."

They have to get the word 'selling' in don't they?

The sas were pulled off of an op to assassoinate basher al asad to make cheese and pickle sandwiches urgently

Whilst the TV coverage is amazing in terms of breadth, it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of quality.
Hopeless camera angles, cutting away at totally inappropriate times and terrible, inconsistant on-screen information - even the commentators are getting frustrated.
Normally the beeb are so good at this.
I can only presume that they've had to farm out the jobs to people beyond the 'circle of trust'.
It's a bit frustrating.

Quote: Lazzard @ July 31 2012, 10:03 AM BST

Whilst the TV coverage is amazing in terms of breadth, it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of quality.
Hopeless camera angles, cutting away at totally inappropriate times and terrible, inconsistant on-screen information - even the commentators are getting frustrated.
Normally the beeb are so good at this.
I can only presume that they've had to farm out the jobs to people beyond the 'circle of trust'.
It's a bit frustrating.

Not the Beeb's fault, since 2008 the pictures and graphics are provided by the IOC's own broadcast company, (http://www.obs.es/), who've been doing a shocking job, especially on the cycling, it was almost impossible to follow the road racing, no idea of the gap between groups of riders, no info on times, etc.

'The IOC is there nothing they can't do?

Badly

Don't like seeing the horses jumping. It looks super unnatural and awkward and I'm just convinced they're going to fall all of the time.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 31 2012, 10:50 AM BST

Don't like seeing the horses jumping. It looks super unnatural and awkward and I'm just convinced they're going to fall all of the time.

It's even worse when it's got your daughter in it's back!

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 31 2012, 10:11 AM BST

Not the Beeb's fault, since 2008 the pictures and graphics are provided by the IOC's own broadcast company, (http://www.obs.es/), who've been doing a shocking job, especially on the cycling, it was almost impossible to follow the road racing, no idea of the gap between groups of riders, no info on times, etc.

That explains a lot.
Some of the commentators have been spitting feathers.

Yeah, I don't like watching horse stuff as I always think they're about to fall horribly. Also don't like watching diving, as I'm convinced they're about to bash their heads on the concrete board, like that bloke did ages ago. Arg.

I'm getting less nervous about it now. The jumps look very nice. I like a nice theme.

It's a very dangerous sport for both horse and rider, with quite a few fatalities, luckily mostly on the horsey side.

Why people insist on riding horses at all in this day and age is beyond me. But as girls like it, all the animal cruelty stuff is swept under the carpet.

As evidenced by the two girls who just said they didn't like it!

Because it would look stoopid doing it in a reliant robin

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 31 2012, 11:54 AM BST

The jumps look very nice. I like a nice theme.

The weird Jupiter/planety jump is interesting.