The Olympics Page 70

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2012, 2:50 PM BST

Owww. I went to one lesson when I was a kid, got thrown (and winded) by a small boy, and never went back.

Ah well, if you got winded, you did it wrong. :D

Training usually starts with many hours learning to fall properly.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/national/article/266223/81/Colombian-player-gets-two-match-ban

A female soccerist from Columbia has been banned after punching an American womanball player in the face.

In one of the earlier articles I read, the Yankee footballette said it was the biggest shock of her life and she had never been punched in the face before.

Are there really people out there who reach their adult lives without ever being punched in the face? It seems bizarrely amazing.

The gentleman in me would like to think there are women who manage to avoid it.

A light slapping, possibly, but a punch to the gob...

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 31 2012, 2:57 PM BST

Are there really people out there who reach their adult lives without ever being punched in the face? It seems bizarrely amazing.

Wave

Not all of us have your specific charms, RC.

Ha, I expect most women (and quite a lot of men?) have never been punched in the face! I've never even been slapped.

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2012, 3:02 PM BST

Ha, I expect most women (and quite a lot of men?) have never been punched in the face! I've never even been slapped.

Same. I also once talked my way out of a mugging. I did once pull a gir's hair and kick her- but I was like 8. And she did pull my hair first.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 31 2012, 3:01 PM BST

Wave

Not all of us have your specific charms, RC.

Laughing out loud

I'm only asking because after watching Holby City, Casualty, Eastenders, etc., it seems spousal abuse is the most popular thing since the iPhone. I thought every British woman has had the shit kicked out of her at some point by an abusive man - well that's how it's portrayed on the telly anyways.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 31 2012, 3:04 PM BST

Same. I also once talked my way out of a mugging. I did once pull a gir's hair and kick her- but I was like 8. And she did pull my hair first.

That bitch.

I once got hit in the face by a football. That bloody hurt.

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2012, 3:02 PM BST

I've never even been slapped.

Never been slapped? Why do the dirty ones always lie? Smarmy

Fine. I've never been slapped in the face... ;)

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2012, 3:07 PM BST

I've never been slapped in the face...

Booyah!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 31 2012, 2:57 PM BST

Only been punched once, when I was about 16, but was so drunk I didn't even realise it had happened.

A big boy once grabbed my skipping rope and smashed me over the face with it. Then he ran away. :( It was bloody sore.

You get punched in the face a lot during kickboxing. In fact one of our exercises was to just stand and be punched (quite gently) in the face for 2 minutes, to get better used to it. It might sound stupid, but it does equip you to be ready for it happening outside the ring, so that one slap won't faze you.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 31 2012, 3:12 PM BST

Only been punched once, when I was about 16, but was so drunk I didn't even realise it had happened.

You must be an awsome boxer!

Quicksiler Stott!