The Olympics Page 65

Why do female gymnasts (mostly) all have such an odd style. They always remind me of those young ballroom dancing kids. Covered in glitter and wearing 10 times too much makeup. Very odd.

Quote: zooo @ July 29 2012, 2:49 PM BST

Aw, I like Jet Li. But Jackie Chan is even better.

I don't dislike either of them. But from a visual aspect, I prefer Lee. I mean Bruce. Well, I mean me too!

Quote: zooo @ July 29 2012, 3:06 PM BST

Why do female gymnasts (mostly) all have such an odd style. They always remind me of those young ballroom dancing kids. Covered in glitter and wearing 10 times too much makeup. Very odd.

Like those kiddy paegents in Texas?

I'm very impressed with the young ladies though - the power and speed is quite impressive and the flips are just brilliant.

For once, Team GB don't look the usual also rans - plus there are a couple of hotties in the team - have to be careful though, in case any of them aren't 'of age'.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 29 2012, 3:30 PM BST

Like those kiddy paegents in Texas?

Yep!

I'm very impressed with the young ladies though - the power and speed is quite impressive and the flips are just brilliant.

They are pretty amazing. Is bizarre that humans can get so high just using their own body power.

Ashamed with our archery performance, very poor to put it politely. Crashing out in the first heats so far, there will be English kings and military leaders rolling furiously in their graves at those wretched failures.

And I hate the fact it's all hi tech bows, there should also be some events for normal bows as that's where the real skill is in controlling the arrows. Trad bows would be good too. The high tech stuff isn't real archery to me.

The ban on growth restricting hormones seems to have created a crop of far more ordinairly shaped female athletes.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 29 2012, 8:06 PM BST

Ashamed with our archery performance, very poor to put it politely. Crashing out in the first heats so far, there will be English kings and military leaders rolling furiously in their graves at those wretched failures.

And I hate the fact it's all hi tech bows, there should also be some events for normal bows as that's where the real skill is in controlling the arrows. Trad bows would be good too. The high tech stuff isn't real archery to me.

I watched some of this and was amazed at the bows, they looked like something out of a sci-fi film.

Agree a English longbow event would have gone down well. No need for targets just use the traditional Frenchman.

It's weird what's acceptable, certainly all over body suits in swimming seem to have been banned.

When I went for an archery lesson recently, we all had normal proper bows except two blokes down the end who had the fancy shmancy ones. They were pretty fun to watch in action, but it did feel like they were kind of cheating/playing an entirely different sport.

So if you're a female swimmer and 6 feet tall, does that mean you reach the end faster than you would if you were 5 feet tall? And therefore should finish a foot before everyone else?

(Maths and logic are not my strong point.)

Quote: zooo @ July 29 2012, 8:48 PM BST

When I went for an archery lesson recently

Was that for fun or research?

Quote: zooo @ July 29 2012, 8:48 PM BST

When I went for an archery lesson recently, we all had normal proper bows except two blokes down the end who had the fancy shmancy ones. They were pretty fun to watch in action, but it did feel like they were kind of cheating/playing an entirely different sport.

So if you're a female swimmer and 6 feet tall, does that mean you reach the end faster than you would if you were 5 feet tall? And therefore should finish a foot before everyone else?

(Maths and logic are not my strong point.)

you've also got more weight to push through the water.

Quote: chipolata @ July 29 2012, 8:53 PM BST

Was that for fun or research?

For the lolz.

Quote: sootyj @ July 29 2012, 8:55 PM BST

you've also got more weight to push through the water.

Ooh, good point.

Are the orientals almond eyes more streamlined?

Quote: sootyj @ July 29 2012, 8:57 PM BST

Are the orientals almond eyes more streamlined?

Lacist!

As you can see the only thing I have against lace is my body.