The Prisoner Page 4

Quote: chipolata @ April 20 2010, 4:32 PM BST

Yeah, dull. I watched it on and off but struggled to get involved. Disappointing.

It was, wasn't it? How can anything that the Mad Men people make be sooo dull.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 20 2010, 4:28 PM BST

Did anybody see this on Saturday? I just found really quite dull.

It was pants. Turned off after about half an hour. And what a terrible half hour that was.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 20 2010, 4:34 PM BST

It was, wasn't it? How can anything that the Mad Men people make be sooo dull.

CUNTS! I'LL NEVER WATCH ANYTHING OF THEIR'S AGAIN!

(Or is that an ovr reaction? Probably)

Thanks Chip and Matt. I thought it was just me.

Quote: chipolata @ April 20 2010, 4:37 PM BST

CUNTS! I'LL NEVER WATCH ANYTHING OF THEIR'S AGAIN!

(Or is that an ovr reaction? Probably)

A bit. I'll let them off anything for Mad Men. That's finished for another year now. :(

It's the sheer massive arrogance of it all. And the utter disapointment .

Did they really think they knew so much better?

Cheers Sooty. So that's four dissatisfied customers so far. What do you think of that then ITV. Eh?

Quote: sootyj @ April 20 2010, 4:41 PM BST

Did they really think they knew so much better?

We shouldn't be too precious about the past and shouldn't knock them for trying. Otherwise we wouldn't have had last years cracking Star Trek remake, or Batman Begins.

Quote: chipolata @ April 20 2010, 4:53 PM BST

We shouldn't be too precious about the past and shouldn't knock them for trying. Otherwise we wouldn't have had last years cracking Star Trek remake, or Batman Begins.

Both those series have a long history of different versions, updates, remakes, etc; The Prisoner has always just been that one short run. But if they'd done a good job with the remake, that would have been fine.

Quote: chipolata @ April 20 2010, 4:53 PM BST

Well Startrek was a respectful tribute building on all that was good from TOS and adding a little soupcon of the new. Like oil when making mayonaise.

Batman begins just wasn't very good.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 20 2010, 4:58 PM BST

Both those series have a long history of different versions, updates, remakes, etc; The Prisoner has always just been that one short run. But if they'd done a good job with the remake, that would have been fine.

I can't think of a single remake that's been so bad it's tarnished the original. The bad ones are forgotten pretty quickly and we just remember the classic original. Knight Rider anyone?

Quote: chipolata @ April 20 2010, 5:00 PM BST

I can't think of a single remake that's been so bad it's tarnished the original. The bad ones are forgotten pretty quickly and we just remember the classic original.

Yes.

Quote: sootyj @ April 20 2010, 5:00 PM BST

The Dark Knight had its problems but Batman Begins was a cracker.

Quote: sootyj @ April 20 2010, 5:00 PM BST

The one I saw was.

It was alright. But the villain was dreadful.

Raz Al Gul was meant to be camp as Millets.

Ok it was ok, had some nice bits and lots of Micheal Caine.

What they really need to do is to remake something that was originally rubbish (like Battlestar Galactica) and make a good version of that (like Battlestar Galactica).

And I bloody hated Dark Knight. Sooooo up itself!