The Prisoner

I see that "The Prisoner" has just come to its enigmatic end of its reshowing on ITV4.

Huh? Teary Cool :S

Boo hoo I loved that show.

But there's a new version coming out soon.

However, it's not a sitcom.

It's quite funny, and it slavishly obeys the laws of sitcom.

Fixed characters, and setting, everything returns to the start point each epsiode.

Love The Prisoner; I don't know what to make of the news of a new version. To me, part of its appeal is its sixties-ness. I seem to remember that Christopher Eccleston was up for the lead at one point; he seems like he would have been a good fit.

Ian McKellen's in the new one, so is Haylet Atwell and the guy who played Jesus in Passion Of The Christ. I loved the Prisoner.

DEM BONES, DEM BONES!

I am not looking forward to it to be honest. Why do they have remake classics all the time? If they remade the Avengers (fave show ever) I would cry!

They made that awful film of it

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ July 23 2008, 8:43 PM BST

I am not looking forward to it to be honest. Why do they have remake classics all the time? If they remade the Avengers (fave show ever) I would cry!

I bet you loved the movie then!

I hate it with a passion!

She fingered herself whilst watching it.

Quote: Aaron @ July 23 2008, 8:46 PM BST

She fingered herself whilst watching it.

Dirty boy.

I loved the Prisoner although I wan't allowed to watch it at the time.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ July 23 2008, 8:43 PM BST

Loved this too - especially Diana Rigg and Linda Thorsen. I've got these all on DVD as well as the Prisoner.

Neither could really work as remakes although I did watch and enjoy to an extent the New Avengers with Joana Lumley.

Probably a bit late to add to this thread now... but I say the same - a new series couldn't be the same - they never equal the originals these repeat series. Didn't think much to the Avengers movie. There's only one Patrick MacNee let alone the others in this memorable series. Wave

Never too late to add to any thread, Rupert! Welcome to the BSG. :)