The Prisoner Page 3

As we're on the subject of sci-fi/fantasy remakes(see V thread) here's a big preview of the new The Prisoner, revealed at Comic-con. Looks interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FqQsaK5KpQ

Rover got fat!

Looks good and it has Sir Ian!

But it seems to lack the requisite air of menace and there's no Patrick McGoohan (yeh I know he's dead but you know what I mean)

Hard to believe this is going to be on ITV. Can't imagine it falling nicely between Coronation Street and News at Ten , somehow.

Looks interesting.

Wasn't prisoner originally on ITV?

Quote: sootyj @ August 4 2009, 10:27 AM BST

Wasn't prisoner originally on ITV?

Yeah, back in the day when they had loads of fantasy based stuff. ITC and all that.

Watching ITV4 is a sad reminder of just how good ITV used to be. And now they plop out bloody Primeval. The Last Train was good.

As with Survivors, I won't even watch one episode. Why bother, when the original will be so much better?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 4 2009, 10:23 AM BST

Hard to believe this is going to be on ITV. Can't imagine it falling nicely between Coronation Street and News at Ten , somehow.

Yeah, but it's a co-production between them and AMC (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc) and while AMC are showing it on November, we're going to have to wait until 2010. Angry

Quote: Bad dog @ August 4 2009, 1:42 PM BST

As with Survivors, I won't even watch one episode. Why bother, when the original will be so much better?

In case it is better? Or different enough to be interesting? Because unless you try it you won't know?

I wasn't exactly pining for 80's Battlestar upon watching the revamp.

Survivors 2 was in many ways the better show.

Quote: sootyj @ August 4 2009, 4:00 PM BST

Survivors 2 was in many ways the better show.

It was different. Closer to the book. Although the original was my favourite TV series ever.

Quote: David Bussell @ August 4 2009, 3:59 PM BST

In case it is better? Or different enough to be interesting? Because unless you try it you won't know?

I wasn't exactly pining for 80's Battlestar upon watching the revamp.

No, not in case it's better. The original was a classic, so I don't know why they bother - it offends me slightly, as if they are saying they can do it better now.

Yes, I like the new BG, but then the original wasn't a classic.

Quote: Chappers @ August 4 2009, 4:09 PM BST

It was different. Closer to the book. Although the original was my favourite TV series ever.

Some of the episodes are absolutely gripping. When I watched it for the first time on DVD, I didn't know what was going to happen and when suddenly out of the blue characters die, I was amazed.

Did anybody see this on Saturday? I'd been waiting for this for a while, particularly seeing as it was a co-production with AMC, who make the amazing Mad Men.

Episode one of this new version, however, I just found really quite dull. Maybe I'm too hung up on the original, maybe it just isn't terribly good. (With the notable exception of Ian McKellen, who was a classic number 2).

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 20 2010, 4:28 PM BST

Did anybody see this on Saturday? I'd been waiting for this for a while, particularly seeing as it was a co-production with AMC, who make the amazing Mad Men.

Episode one of this new version, however, I just found really quite dull. Maybe I'm too hung up on the original, maybe it just isn't terribly good. (With the notable exception of Ian McKellen, who was a classic number 2).

Yeah, dull. I watched it on and off but struggled to get involved. Disappointing.