Top British comedy actors by decade? Page 6

Yeah, I had my tongue in my cheek. But the more I think about him, the more I find myself smiling.

Quote: Alan C @ June 21 2008, 4:02 PM BST

Barbara Windsor makes me reach for the remote control no matter what she is in. I never understood the fascination with her physique either - there were much more attractive women in Carry On films - Liz Fraser for one.

I agree about Babs. She's nauseating. Even the name sets my teeth on edge. I'd rather Bernard Breslaw in lipstick and and a baby doll nightdress. The only Carry On woman I fancied was Fenella Fielding.

Quote: chipolata @ June 23 2008, 11:29 AM BST

I agree about Babs. She's nauseating. Even the name sets my teeth on edge. I'd rather Bernard Breslaw in lipstick and and a baby doll nightdress. The only Carry On woman I fancied was Fenella Fielding.

It's either the voice you liked or the vampish looks?

Quote: Alan C @ June 23 2008, 12:13 PM BST

It's either the voice you liked or the vampish looks?

Both. Especially in Carry on Screaming.

Also, I'm not sure if Paul Eddington has been mentioned yet. Masterful. Not just in Yes Minister/Prime Minister, but also The Good Life. And incredibly dignified towards the end of his life when he had that terrible skin cancer.

I agree about Babs. She's nauseating. Even the name sets my teeth on edge. I'd rather Bernard Breslaw in lipstick and and a baby doll nightdress.

Erm. That's more than a little disturbing.

The only Carry On woman I fancied was Fenella Fielding.

Not even Imogen Hassall (Carry On Loving)?

I find it difficult to still fancy people once I know they are dead - and the way she died too - makes me sad. But maybe that's just me?

I know what you mean, I find it difficult too, but she was lovely.

How did she?

She took an overdose - 38 I think she was

"She was a close friend of fellow Hammer Girl Suzanna Leigh who was bound to go on a holiday to Kenya with her the morning of her death. That night Hassall left a string of often incoherent telephone messages with friends and also had a short conversation with Leigh who promised to discuss her issues on the beach during their trip abroad. She was found overdosed with Leigh's flight tickets still in her hands.

No-one will ever know the exact reasons for her suicide so shortly before the positive vacation experience that she was so looking forward to. Hassall had indicated shortly before her death that she was raped or sexually assaulted, yet this may have been just another one of the tall tales she was well known for."

Oh.

Quote: Alan C @ June 23 2008, 1:33 PM BST

38 I think she was

Yep. Poor girl. :(

Well, woman. Point stands. :(

Quote: zooo @ June 23 2008, 1:34 PM BST

Oh.

Mm, not much else that can be said. :(

I can't say I've heard of Suzanna Leigh though - I wonder if Ms Hassall had told her she was going to kill herself and she thought that was a lie as well? Pretty sad anyway and strangely topical as she died in Wimbledon I think?

I still get that stupid half second of thinking 'how could she have any problems that bad, she was famous and really pretty'.
Doh.

Quote: zooo @ June 23 2008, 1:43 PM BST

I still get that stupid half second of thinking 'how could she have any problems that bad, she was famous and really pretty'.
Doh.

Aye and hopelessly typecast and prone to all the lecherous film types promising her work, etc