Crappest song lyric. Page 6

Quote: JuliaC @ June 8 2008, 11:05 PM BST

"My humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps" anyone??

"No one knows what it means. It's provocative."

Name that movie.

Quote: EllieJP @ June 8 2008, 10:18 AM BST

I've said this before in another thread but...

"Lucky that my breasts are small and humble,
So you don't confuse them with mountains."

I was going to say that one when I saw this thread.

Shakira needs to get boyfriends with more than one brain cell.

Maybe she translated her song lyrics using babelfish.

"I am the eggman
We are the eggmen
I am the Walrus
Goo goo g'joob"

But I'll let them off, I love The Beatles in the face.

Pfft. you guys got nothing...

"I pull up in a drop top holding grain
Parking lot pimpin mayne
I ain't even trippin mayne
Screens rain as I slide up and down the block
Ride daily holding glock
Cuz I know haters plot
You might see me SUV on 24s
Or I might be flippin tippin on four vogues
Mike Jones
A lot people now mad cuz I'm hot
But they gone be even madder when that jag leave the lot
I stay grindin so I can stay ballin
Cuz Lord knows I can't picture me fallin
I'm crawlin
Candy paint on fours
Doggin all these hos
You handlin the road in my wide body load
I'm a baller shot caller 20 inch crawler
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up"

"She diggin' my fee she think im the shit is it the chain on my neck or the watch om my wrist? Maybe the ice in my ear or the bracelet but she look like the type that can take a dick (UHH) Young Gucci Mane dont kiss me baby you can kiss my chains you gotta be a dime piece just to look at the rocks in my time piece I come through in a drop top jags, an ol school chevy with the At T tags my pockets so heavy that i cant walk steady, niggas got the ice we done done already got a gold grill but its not from Eddy I ride big chevy's 'cause a nigga aint pitty Im icy so mother f**ken snowed up little kids want to be like Gucci when they grow up (uh)
me geezy and boo we aint pussy nigga gone do whatch you do 'cause we icy so icy we icy so icy
"

these two guys are both really popular mainstream rap artists with the youth today. Nice huh.

As far as non rap, I've gotta nominate one of my favourite artists unfortunatly... thom yorke with his line "I'm an animal trapped in your hot car"

Quote: zooo @ June 9 2008, 12:00 AM BST

Maybe she translated her song lyrics using babelfish.

LOL.

Quote: NickTheDon @ June 9 2008, 12:04 AM BST

"I am the eggman
We are the eggmen
I am the Walrus
Goo goo g'joob"

But I'll let them off, I love The Beatles in the face.

They were crap. With really crap lyrics 90%+ of the time.

And Sal, your lyrics are unreadable.

Quote: NickTheDon @ June 9 2008, 12:04 AM BST

"I am the eggman
We are the eggmen
I am the Walrus
Goo goo g'joob"

In all fairness those lyrics were brilliant. Surely you know the story behind them? John Lennon wrote them specifically to mess with teachers who were using his lyrics in an English class.

More thought went into those lyrics than the majority of songs.

Quote: PhQnix @ June 9 2008, 10:29 AM BST

In all fairness those lyrics were brilliant. Surely you know the story behind them? John Lennon wrote them specifically to mess with teachers who were using his lyrics in an English class.

You're going into music guru mode again!

Taken from Digital by Joy Division...

Day in, day out,
Day in, day out,
Day in, day out,
Day in, day out,
Day in, day out,
Day in, day out,
Day in, day out,
Day in, day out.

It also includes:

And then it's fade away.
I see you fade away.
Don't ever fade away.
I need you here today.
Don't ever fade away.
Don't ever fade away.
Don't ever fade away.
Don't ever fade away.
Fade away. Fade away.
Fade away. Fade away.
Fade away. Fade away.
Fade away.

:D

Quote: PhQnix @ June 9 2008, 10:29 AM BST

Wow, I didn't know that story no. In fairness I should have said they were "nonsensical" lyrics rather than crap lyrics as the thread suggests.

Digital doesn't have the greatest lyrics no, but Love Will Tear Us Apart shows that Ian Curtis did have some amazing songwriting skills.

I think we should have a greatest lyrics thread. There's so many I want to declare my undying love for.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ June 9 2008, 12:39 PM BST

Aren't most song lyrics ultimately doggerel? I mean, sure, they sound good when the singers singing them, but write them down in black and white and they look embarrassingly lame.

That's quite true, I said the same about Morrissey where if you write some of his lyrics down on paper they look weird, but when you hear them in the song they flow perfectly. There are some gems out there though.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ June 9 2008, 12:42 PM BST

Leonard Cohen and Jarvis Cocker are two exceptions to my doggerel rule.

Ahh Jarvis, what a legend. Common People and Something Changed are genius.

Manic Street Preachers have come out with quite a few incredible (if sometimes slightly distrubing) lyrics too.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ June 9 2008, 12:39 PM BST

Aren't most song lyrics ultimately doggerel? I mean, sure, they sound good when the singers singing them, but write them down in black and white and they look embarrassingly lame.

Technically. Outside of there musical context they look odd and malformed, but so would the bass line if you listened to that separately. I think this thread is devoted to lyrics that are just as odd and malformed when they're sung.

Not all lyrics are bad, some lyricists write words which make you think or convey a meaning beyond mere words (see: Arcade Fire, Bob Dylan, The Beatles' better songs.) Some lyricists write witty and charming lyrics which convey the ordinary struggles of every day life (see: Arctic Monkeys, Art Brut, The Libertines) and some lyricists tell stories (see: Laura Veirs.) A truly gifted artist will use lyrics to enhance the song, not just complement it and structure it.

I'm going to nominate The Clash for "If I go there will be trouble, An if I stay it will be double." Simple maths says that, in this situation, you should go.

This isn't a crap lyric, just rather disturbing, but in the song it fits really well. It's from Yes by the Manics:

"He's a boy,
You want a girl so tear off his cock
Tie his hair in bunches, f**k him
Call him Rita if you want"

Quote: NickTheDon @ June 9 2008, 12:38 PM BST

Wow, I didn't know that story no. In fairness I should have said they were "nonsensical" lyrics rather than crap lyrics as the thread suggests.

They're both.