Crappest song lyric.

Okay, my contender for this award is from the wonderfully deep 'Rhythm is a dancer' by 'Snap' which originally* contained the crass lyric -

'You know I'm serious as cancer when I say that rhythm is a dancer'.

Erm... lets compare life shattering disease with non-sensical statements.

*on it's re-release I believe they (understandably) dropped this gem.

Not crap, but on a similar level:

"Yeah yeah, you know we aim to please
Like a burger with cheese will give you heart disease"

:D

Not as bad as those two but Bon Jovi's Always, always makes me laugh,

"When you say your prayers try to understand
I've made mistakes, I'm just a man"

Bon Jovi lyrics are usually nothing more than a bunch of cliches strung together.

My favourite, and recent winner of the BBC6 worst lyric contest, from Des'ree's 'Life'...

"I don't want to see a ghost/It's the sight that I fear most/I'd rather have a piece of toast/Watch the evening news".

Quote: David Bussell @ June 7 2008, 9:11 PM BST

My favourite, and recent winner of the BBC6 worst lyric contest, from Des'ree's 'Life'...

"I don't want to see a ghost/It's the sight that I fear most/I'd rather have a piece of toast/Watch the evening news".

Correct! I was going to post that myself.

DEF LEPPARD: Pour Some Sugar On Me

"You got the peaches, I got the cream
Sweet to taste, saccharine
'Cos I'm hot, say what, sticky sweet
From my head, my head, to my feet

Do you take sugar? one lump or two?"

Now THAT is a brilliant song.

My nephew's got a toy penguin, which raps the lyrics to Vanilla Ice's 'Ice, Ice Baby'. I was listening to it the other day, and couldn't help wondering what Vanilla Ice meant, when he said he flowed "like a harpoon, daily and nightly", and when he said he rocked the mic "like a vandal".

Christ zooo. :O

Quote: Stylo @ June 7 2008, 7:57 PM BST

Okay, my contender for this award is from the wonderfully deep 'Rhythm is a dancer' by 'Snap' which originally* contained the crass lyric -

'You know I'm serious as cancer when I say that rhythm is a dancer'.

Erm... lets compare life shattering disease with non-sensical statements.

*on it's re-release I believe they (understandably) dropped this gem.

Check out where the original "I've got the Power" vocal sample came from (it's at 2:19 in the clip): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQZC-7SYURg&feature=related
If you foward to 2:47, you might also recognise another sample, that was used by Moby, in his old song 'Go'.

This Lenny Kravitz song always stands out for me:

I wish that I could fly
Into the sky
So very high
Just like a dragonfly

He really put his rhyming dictionary to good use there. Kravitz is shit.

The line "slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball" has always been a bit weird. But it's in a great song so I don't mind much.

Morrissey's written some lines that on their own seem really weird but they flow so well with the song. Like "why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth in the passenger seat".

Mustn't moan, mustn't grumble,
Help yourself to another piece of apple crumble

ABC on Beauty Stab.

Or

5 day marathon, I'm moving like a parallelogram - Motorhead by Motorhead.

Bros - "Most of my friends were strangers, when I met them".

Most of them? Good one Goss!