Top Sitcom Monster? Page 2

Quote: Bilkofan @ February 14, 2007, 4:12 PM

Does anyone else find the characters of Marjorie Dawes in Little Britain and Pauline from The League of Gentlemen precariously close in style and appearance? How there have never been legal proceedings over the similarities is beyond me.

Honour among comedians?

:)

Dan

Quote: Mark @ February 7, 2007, 2:43 PM

Alan B'Stard wasn't very nice!

He get my vote.

Quote: Bilkofan @ February 14, 2007, 4:12 PM

My flesh still creeps when I see that episode and hear evil Rimmer say that!

Does anyone else find the characters of Marjorie Dawes in Little Britain and Pauline from The League of Gentlemen precariously close in style and appearance? How there have never been legal proceedings over the similarities is beyond me.

-Kyle

Because they're all friends and all take influence from each other. Plus, Mark Gatiss was the script editor on the first series of Little Britain, if I remember rightly.

Quote: Aaron @ February 14, 2007, 11:03 PM

Plus, Mark Gatiss was the script editor on the first series of Little Britain, if I remember rightly.

Repeatability? Did he used to work in IT?

:)

Dan

Marjorie Dawes came along well before The League of Gentleman didn't she?

I think it was the other way around.

In Shooting Stars, they had George Dawes, and then Marjorie later appeared on the show. Also, The League of Gentlemen where performing Pauline on their radio series in 1997, and probably before then when they performed at the Canal Cafe.

Matt Lucas and David Walliams freely admit that they pinched ideas from the league of gentlemen, but the one thats stands out the most is the fatfighters/jobseekers sketches.

Vartoon Head in Ideal (which is miscorrectly labelled a sketch show on your BSG blurb today). Mainly because he actually kills somebody in the first series, doesn't he? Shoots them in the head.

Why are we even talking about this? It's Papa Lazarou!

Mounster.

Quote: David Bussell @ April 10 2008, 4:57 PM BST

Why are we even talking about this? It's Papa Lazarou!

He's not a monster. Just a landlord freak.

What about the first boss from the IT Crowd. I would hate to have him as a boss.

Especially in those cycling shorts.

Quote: Aaron @ April 10 2008, 7:38 PM BST

He's not a monster. Just a landlord freak.

The man kidnapped people's wives and put them inside circus animals! That's not monstrous to you?

Monstrous behaviour, maybe.

Wait... Is this thread about monsters as in "Ian Huntley is a monster!" or monsters as in Loch Ness?