Top Sitcom Monster? Page 4

Malcolm Tucker deserves a mention although off the clock he is portrayed as a calm and quite likeable character.

Super Hans is a monster par excellence, the fact that he's also likeable and sympathetic shows the genius of the character.

Johnson is a bigger monster than a Balrog.

The evil junglist liking priest from Father Ted was a pretty scary monster. But Father Jack is the father of all sitcom monsters

Quote: chipolata @ February 25 2011, 3:57 PM GMT

He's a scoundrel but he's never struck me as a full-on monster. And in Blackadder, he's probably the character the audience identifies with most. Not sure they would if he was a true grotesque.

I'd go for Timothy's mother and Hyacinth Bucket

Jill Tyrrell. No doubt about it.

I'm about due for a Nighty Night re-watch, and I cringe just thinking about how awful she is.

Dickson Bainbridge, The Spirit of Jazz and The Hitcher were recurring "The Mighty Boosh" characters that were pretty monstrous. Even Bob Fossil had his moments.

Quote: ToddB @ January 29 2012, 1:14 PM GMT

Dickson Bainbridge, The Spirit of Jazz and The Hitcher were recurring "The Mighty Boosh" characters that were pretty monstrous. Even Bob Fossil had his moments.

I always get a bit creeped out in the episode where The Hitcher and Howard are driving through the jungle. It creeps me out because he's so still and hardly blinks. Not sure why I find it so disconcerting.

Quote: Andicus @ March 17 2011, 3:36 PM GMT

Jill Tyrrell. No doubt about it.

I'm about due for a Nighty Night re-watch, and I cringe just thinking about how awful she is.

Yep. I've just watched this for the first time. I had heard it was dark but wasn't expecting it to be like that.

I think Martin Bryce from Ever Decreasing Circles is a likeable monster.

Hitler in Heil Honey I'm Home?

Dennis in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a rapist.

The old man paedophile from Family Guy?

Aw, but he's lovely really.

Who, Hitler?

Hehe. The old mannnnnn. And his lovely songs.

Claire from Claire in the Community.

Johnson from Peep Show is quite monstrous in his own way.

I was thinking Jeff from Peep Show.

Victor Meldrew, Alan Partridge, and Mr MacKay in Porridge.

A female maybe Queen in Black Adder.